PDA

View Full Version : Pantone Color Chart

m_cahoon14336
2004-07-01, 01:59 PM
I am wanting to create a reference chart of Pantone colors printed from our HP designjet 800pm printer. My approach is to create square "rooms" of colors by using the room seperation line command, then labeling the "room" as a Pantone color and applying color fill.
Is there a simpler way to create a color chart? How do other firms working with color, learn the available color range as printed by their printer?

cphubb
2004-07-01, 02:23 PM
There are a couple of ways to get accurate Pantone color reproduction.

1. Free but time consuming

Use a program like Freehand Photoshop or Illustrator to create a table of colors that you would like to use and print them on your printer. You then can adjust the colors you would like to use.
2. Not Free but Accurate

Buy the color calibration products sold by Pantone. They inclued a monitor color adjustment tool, scanner and printer tool and icm creation software. I also recommend getting a fan of Pantone colors (or the binder if your have disposable income) so you can quickly select colors to use. If you are properly calibrated everything will be the same. Pantone also has a little wand that will give you the RGB and closest Pantone color to any "thing" you place it over. It works great for selecting material rendering colors especially with materials you don't want to place on your scanner like brick and concrete. The calibration tools ar not real expensive andsave a bunch of time scanning and printing. Also your monitor now becomes WYSIWYG as far as color is concerned.
Take a look at the pantone website.

gregb.68838
2004-09-02, 04:51 PM
I've started the same process. I've not made too much progress as of yet.

Have you? Maybe we could break it down into groups and share the results.

Greg

christopher.zoog51272
2004-09-02, 05:20 PM
there used to be a "color block" Revit file that had a ton of colors in it, it came with "new client orientation package" back in the old RTC days. Not sure if it had the pantone colors, though. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Allen Lacy
2004-09-02, 06:15 PM
there used to be a "color block" Revit file that had a ton of colors in it, it came with "new client orientation package" back in the old RTC days. Not sure if it had the pantone colors, though. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? Yep, here it is.

ed. No Pantone, though.

nrenfro
2004-09-03, 06:51 PM
I have a set of Illustrator files with all the Pantone Colors I will try to post if anyone wants them. (interns are great)

brett05
2005-06-03, 04:50 AM
Hi nrenfro,

Is there any chance of me getting a copy of the illustrator files with the pantone colour chart please.

Thanks
Brett