PDA

View Full Version : DWG export crashed...

jond
2007-01-17, 04:45 PM
Comrades,

What would cause Revit to crash when exporting 2d elevations to .dwg? The project is 2 large towers on top of a retail and parking podium. The two condo skins are linked files as well as the interior unit layouts. The central file is about 120 MB.

Revit grinds away for a while and creates a ton of .pat files and then dies. So far the error has said "fatal error must quit" and "out of memory" The out of memory error came from an xp32 machine with less than 2 GB of ram and only happened once.

I have tried exporting on about 4 different machines, all have had the same result. My machine specs can be seen below - I also tried this on a machine with 8 GB of ram with the same result.

Is there some kind of log that Revit stores to tell you why its quiting? I'd really like to know why this is happening all of a sudden. For the last 4 months its been pretty smooth sailing.

Thanks.

sbrown
2007-01-17, 07:34 PM
Try disconnecting from your network. For somereason revit does some serious network searching during exporting.

cphubb
2007-01-17, 07:56 PM
There was also a problem exporting to dwg in 9.0 if there was a dwg attached in the view to be exported. I understand this has been corrected in 9.1