PDA

View Full Version : Live Section referencing

Jshaver
2007-01-17, 05:35 PM
We use many typical details on our projects and the ref. existing view works great for calling out those details using revit's native live section.
Once a ref. view is selected the user is unable to change which view is referenced. If that portion of the building is modified and should ref a different typ. detail the user has to delete the existing ref section and create a new one...

Steve_Stafford
2007-01-17, 08:49 PM
It is a standing wish that we want to be able to choose a different detail to reference.

I'm not sure how Revit will know to automatically change to a different detail if you change the model however? Is that what you are suggesting? If so you'd have to connect a detail to elements like beams and columns wouldn't you? You'd need a new property for each element so you could do that.

Jshaver
2007-01-22, 05:57 PM
I do not wish for revit to update which detail is referenced when the model changes (although that would be great!)
I would just like to manually change which detail the section is referencing without having to re-create the section.

bensondl
2007-01-23, 02:09 PM
yeah... click the section, then be able to use the pulldown menu again to change the detail that it is referencing. also, it would be cool if the reference label (SIM, TYP, etc.) were an instance parameter instead of a type parameter.

pugander
2007-06-18, 10:24 PM
It would be great if you could update the section cut and its reference after it has been placed. It would also be very helpful if you could sort the available views by section cut numbers rather than names i.e. 3/S503. It is a lot easier to keep track of section cut numbers than the names especially when working on plan sheets when you can see where the detail is cut in other places.

jsr13
2007-09-27, 02:10 AM
...very helpful if you could sort the available views by section cut numbers rather than names i.e. 3/S503. It is a lot easier to keep track of section cut numbers than the names especially when working on plan sheets when you can see where the detail is cut in other places.

There is a whole other topic on browser improvements with some good ideas. Check them out: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=49057