PDA

View Full Version : Material takeoffs

bill.92885
2007-01-18, 08:30 PM
Is it possible to create a material takeoff schedule in Revit? For instance, what I've done is create a 9'-4" high cmu structure with 4 walls. What I'd like to create is a schedule for the GC telling him approximately how many blocks would be needed. Likewise I would like to do something similar for wood framing. Is this something that's built in, because if it is I'm glancing right over it, or do I need to create parameters for it?

cphubb
2007-01-19, 12:35 AM
Strangely you will need two different types of schedules.

The block will be done using a material takeoff schedule. View--New--Material Takeoff. Structural elements to get linear quantities will be a standard structural framing schedule with length totaled. Note the material takeoff will tell you all the block area or volume in the entire project so you may need to filter. It will also only tell you SF or CF of the block so you must divide to get the block. Add a calculated value to your schedule and divide area by.8888888 to get the number of block.

bill.92885
2007-01-19, 01:56 PM
Thanks Chris.

I ended up creating a schedule and using the .888 conversion to get close to what I was looking for but I'll use the Material Takeoffs in the future.