PDA

View Full Version : centerline symbol in revit

jcdecastro
2007-01-18, 10:16 PM
I need to get the centerline (cl), plate (pl) and diameter symbols into Revit.
How can I do that

Adam Mac
2007-01-18, 11:03 PM
Hi Jose -

there is already a stock standard "cL" symbol under annotations (M_Centreline.rfa), so you
could then make a copy of that and change it to "pL"...

as for the diameter symbol and many other symbols, you can either paste them in from the Windows Character Map or find out the individual codes for these sybols and "type" them in when you need them. e.g. the diameter symbol is ALT+0216.

HTH

Adam

robert.manna
2007-01-19, 03:48 AM
We've actually created a grid bubble head that is the (CL) symbol. And we've created a second grid line type that is a centerline. This is not useful in all occasions, however it can potentially be very useful as it will show-up in multiple views without any extra work. However, since the grid bubble doesn't actually display the grid line mark/# you have to make sure that you check & rename the grid line as needed. Since the mark for a grid line is a text entry you can actually call it something CL1, CL2, etc....

What would be nice is if we could define new subcategories for grid lines....

-R

jcdecastro
2007-01-19, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys,
Now how do I show that in my abbreviations list. I made it a key schedule so it would auto sort. Should I have made it a legend and sort it manually? As far as i know you can't show families in a schedule in revit yet.

How has everyone else made their abbr. list?

robert.manna
2007-01-19, 03:33 PM
Legends are generally for displaying graphical information. You can use the drafting tools to create a "table" of course it will not have the intelgience of a real schedule. Schedule(s), key or otherwise, don't really make sense for something like an abbreviation list, because abbreviations are not "Sets" of data the are inteegrated into a specific component. Schedules are meant to report back date or information about your model in a non-graphical format. You're are still however manipulating the under lying model, just in a different view. Key schedules are merely for organizing and manipulting repetitive data sets, for instance common properties of repetitive rooms etc...

HTH,
-R

jcdecastro
2007-01-19, 08:27 PM
I guess I have to do the abbreviations the old fashion way. :(