PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling plan problem

patricks
2007-01-19, 01:05 AM
I have a ceiling plan that I switched to wireframe so I could see where my mechanical units were sitting above the roof. Problem is only a few of the units showed up. I checked and all units are on the same workset, and all are the same family. I even tried turning off ceilings and roofs, and still only some of the mechanical units are showing. I then checked the view range and set both Top and Depth to Unlimited. Still no units. Even the walls I'm using for the mechanical unit curbs are not showing up (only some of them, they're fine on the units that do show up). Is there anything else I'm missing here? It's extremely frustrating. :banghead:

patricks
2007-01-19, 01:18 AM
more info: The ceiling plan's associated level is my finish floor level. I have a roof bearing level at 24'-0". If the mechanical unit's offset is at or above that level, it will not show in my ceiling plan, even if roofs and ceiling are off, even if the view is set to wireframe. If I move the unit even 1 inch below that roof bearing level, it will show up.

I have tried setting the view's Top and Depth to Unlimited, I have tried setting it to the top-most level in my project with a 30-ft.+ offset, nothing works. None of those mechanical units or curb walls that are above the Roof Bearing level will show in the ceiling plan at all.

patricks
2007-01-19, 02:39 PM
anyone know what might be causing this?

mibzim
2007-01-20, 09:40 AM
Kinda hard to pick what might be wrong without picking up the mouse and looking at it... sometimes views do mess up though - have you tried creating a new ciling plan from scratch?

LMSmith
2007-02-06, 09:54 PM
Try setting the discipline of the view to Mechanical and see if you see them.