PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Code Question.

tcrobles.com
2007-01-19, 01:29 AM
Can assembly codes be inputued while making families? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

robert.manna
2007-01-19, 03:13 AM
Yes, when you create or edit a family in the family editor you can choose the assembly code. You can also choose what level to drill down to as far the assembly code goes. Specifying the assembly code in the family editor will automatically populate the assembly code description when the family is loaded into a project.

HTH,
-R

josh.made4worship
2008-07-16, 03:39 PM
I am trying to find an answer kind of in relation to what you are saying about assembly code. I am working in Revit 2009, and it seems that the Assembly Code of an object has a correlation to what category controls it's lineweights. For example, I downloaded a curtain wall panel family, and couldn't figure out why the curtain wall panel family "glass" cut, lineweight wasn't adjusting what I had set to glass in the family. After further digging, I noticed that the family was set up assigned to a Window Assembly code. When I went back to the project and changed the Window "Glass" cut assignment, sure enough, that worked. What's really odd is that the family category is set to Curtain Panels...so, needless to say, this doesn't make much sense to me and wanted to see if someone could explain it.

Thanks in advance!

robert.manna
2008-07-16, 03:46 PM
I can't imagine that the Uniformat Assembly code is driving graphic behavior, its intended mostly as meta data to aid in scheduling and exporting of information or elements. Is there a nest family or something else going on in the family itself?

-R

josh.made4worship
2008-07-16, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have attached the panel family for you to look it. I am not really sure what the deal is. Changing the assembly code didn't actually change the family category or associate object styles, but I don't understand how there would only be window object styles in a Curtain panel family. I realized after I made the post that it didn't necessarily have to do with it being set to a "window" assembly code, but all the other out of the box curtain panel families are set to "Curtain Wall" assembly code, which is why I made that correlation.

So, I guess now my question is, how did this family get "Window" object styles, if it is a Curtain Panel family?

robert.manna
2008-07-16, 05:19 PM
I beleive that this family was built using the "Window-Curtain Wall" template. This is a special template similiar to the door one, that allows you to build a "curtain panel" that Revit will treat as an actual window object for the purposes of scheduling and graphic control. This makes sense as sometimes you actuall want a window or door in a curtain wall, and sometimes you use the "Curtain Wall tool" to create other types of walls.

HTH,
-R

josh.made4worship
2008-07-16, 06:35 PM
thanks very much...I never noticed that template before, but I believe you are right...very helpful. Thanks again!