PDA

View Full Version : Spot Dimension Line Style

ford347
2007-01-19, 09:21 PM
I would like my spot dimension line style to show like the level line style, I believe it's a centerline. How do I do this. I have tried editing the object syle line style for spot dimensions and it does nothing. Thanks.

Josh

rjcrowther
2007-01-19, 11:31 PM
I don't know if this is what you are after or not but:

I use a line a fixed length continuous line some of my spot elevations. I made it as a Spot Elevation Symbol family which then has an entry in the type properties box.

Is that of any assistance?

Rob

ford347
2007-01-23, 10:39 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have a symbol family that I got from Scott Davis that does the same thing you are describing. I use it on occasion, but prefer to use the spot dimension tool as it will update as my model changes. Less to keep track of.

I have created a new level head to match the size of my 'Level's' Head, and changed the text size to match my levels text size, so everything has been quite simple and looks the same so far. I just don't know how to control the line type for the leader in the spot dimension tool. I would like it to use the same line type as the level tool in Revit, which I believe is a centerline linetype. Like I said before, I tried changing the linetype in the object styles dialog box for spot dimensions, but it didn't change the leader line type, so I don't really know what this is for. Proabably the actual linework for the level head itself that the spot dimension system family is using for it's linetype, not the leader line.

If I could, I would really like to change this linetype. Can it be done?

Josh

afejarang-herrera
2008-07-03, 11:35 PM
just spotted this thread in my trying to learn how to import spot dimension styles, I see them in the Imperial library (RFA) but don't know how to access /load them from the spot dimension placement or properties sequence...i just want to tweek the spot elevation text to be "boxed"...anyone still working 25 mins. to a holiday?

afejarang-herrera
2008-07-03, 11:44 PM
just spotted this thread in my trying to learn how to import spot dimension styles, I see them in the Imperial library (RFA) but don't know how to access /load them from the spot dimension placement or properties sequence...i just want to tweek the spot elevation text to be "boxed"...anyone still working 25 mins. to a holiday?

nevermind, I found the systme family for the spot elevation and got a box place so it will house the text .