PDA

View Full Version : Relation between CAD Standards and Indian Standard.

avinash00002002
2007-01-20, 05:11 AM
Hi! All of you

I am a working with Indian company, My boss tell me to work with the CAD Standard. Any body tell me about CAD Standards and waht is the relation between CAD Standards and Indian Standard.

I want to set the Linetype, Layer Names in Civil, Mech. Electrical, Survey drawings , Line Thicknesses, Colours etc..

Mike.Perry
2007-01-25, 04:38 PM
I am a working with Indian company, My boss tell me to work with the CAD Standard. Any body tell me about CAD Standards and waht is the relation between CAD Standards and Indian Standard.Hi

Please elaborate on Indian company...

* An American Indian company.
* A company based in India or an Indian owned company.
* Or something different from the above couple of items.

Ask your boss to explain exactly what (s)he means by work with the CAD Standard ie What is the CAD Standard (s)he wants you to work to.

Please elaborate on Indian Standard ie What exactly do you mean by Indian Standard ?

Have a good one, Mike

Mohmed Zuber
2007-01-25, 05:41 PM
Hi! All of you

I am a working with Indian company, My boss tell me to work with the CAD Standard. Any body tell me about CAD Standards and waht is the relation between CAD Standards and Indian Standard.

I want to set the Linetype, Layer Names in Civil, Mech. Electrical, Survey drawings , Line Thicknesses, Colours etc..
Hi Avinash,

CAD Standards are easy to frame but difficult to implement. The naming pattern of layers, decision of what linetype will represent what, Block definitions, title block size and presentation, how files will assume their names, where it will be stored for working and archiving, what color represents what etc. are part of standardisation and it varies from company to company. I think these has nothing to do with Indian standards. Do you refer to BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) as Indian standards?