PDA

View Full Version : shared area location line

Maximillian
2007-01-20, 09:19 PM
I have a residence with an attached garage. I have a gross area plan on the house and another on the garage. But garage and house are BOTH calculating the shared wall. I cant seem to find a way to pull back the area line from the wall so its not including the house wall.
Any ideas?

luigi
2007-01-20, 10:54 PM
I have a residence with an attached garage. I have a gross area plan on the house and another on the garage. But garage and house are BOTH calculating the shared wall. I cant seem to find a way to pull back the area line from the wall so its not including the house wall.
Any ideas?
Hmm....is that a line that you used the Area type, rather than just picking or drafting? Because the area schemes allow for an automated location of the line based on the area type....

The only thing you need to do, is to move the line by "disjoin"ing it.... it is currently locked with the wall....and it moves depending on the area "type" under properties for the area.....

you can also delete it, and when you redraw the area boundary on the wall, don't use the automatic wall picker, use the drafting option, and either use the pick tool, or the drafting tool....

Hope it helps...

Joef
2007-01-20, 11:21 PM
You can manually draw your area lines wherever you like. Just make sure that "Apply Area Rules" is unchecked when you are drawing the lines using the "area boundary" tool.

Joe

Maximillian
2007-01-21, 02:22 AM
I will give it a shot thanks! I hope you are not working on the weekend like me!

Joef
2007-01-21, 04:32 PM
Of course I am! There is never enough time in the week. I work at home on weekends, so it's not so bad.

Joe