PDA

View Full Version : Existing Phase Representation

ford347
2007-01-21, 06:00 PM
How do you get your existing elements to show all of their finish layers. When you are in a new construction phase, and your phase filter is set to show previous plus new, you are only able to use the finish face of your existing elements for snapping, dimensioning etc. I like how is is represented for your finished product, but as far as working with those elements when you are developing the model, I need to be able to work with the core faces of those elements. I work well with phases and this is the only thing that still gives me headaches. THanks.

Josh

aaronrumple
2007-01-22, 03:09 PM
If you are just after a view in which to work - make a Phase Filter where everything is set to <By Category>. The Show Complete filter may be what you are looking for. The existing won't be half toned, but it will display the detail at a fine level of detail.

ford347
2007-01-22, 04:44 PM
yeah.....I feel dumb. I have a 'by category' view I use all the time for every other view except for the floor plan. Should have picked up on that!

I still don't understand what makes the layers go away completely. Is this not controllable? Is this a system setting that happens when you apply an override through phasing? Seems like you would be able to control the detail level of your elements at the same time.

Josh