PDA

View Full Version : Insert Layouts with Design Center

rsnider53
2004-07-01, 09:38 PM
We are trying to use Autocad (2004/2005) design center to insert paper space layouts from existing drawings. The help says it is supposed to bring in all paper space objects that are in the layout being imported. All we get, is a blank layout with one large view port. Are we doing something wrong? We haven't found any postings on this anywhere.

mjfarrell
2004-07-01, 10:16 PM
you will have better luck from
right-clicking on the layout tab
and select From Template,
change the file type to DWG and go get the
tab that you desire.

In this manner it will be complete.

dan.woodman
2007-04-02, 07:02 PM
hey
mjfarrell is correct in his advice but i have been using dc for layout tabs with no problems, are all of the layers on and thawed? r u doing a regen all to make sure it's visible? just a couple things to check. it could also be a sytem variable somewhere...hope you figure it out cause its nice to use
dan

SRBalliet
2007-04-03, 11:17 AM
I insert layouts from Design Center all the time. Just make sure you are inserting a layout with a unique name, not a layout name that is the same as a name that is already in the drawing. Design Center is my one stop shopping center. We have a drawing that has all the layouts, dim styles, line styles, layers, text styles, etc. that I ever need. If I need something, I just drag and drop it in.