PDA

View Full Version : Purge DWGs?

DaveP
2004-07-01, 09:56 PM
I have a feeling I'm SOL on this one, but...
When we were first getting started with our project (and Revit, for that matter), people didn't pay a whole lot of attention to that "Current View Only" checkbox when Importing an AutoCAD DWG. So now, of course, we've got the #@%* things all over every view.

Is there any simple way to get rid of the DWGs & Purge them out of the project short of going into every single View, making sure that DWGs are displayed, selecting each DWG & Deleting it?

P.S. I assume that once the DWGs are gone, all the AutoCAD Line types will go, too?

beegee
2004-07-01, 10:20 PM
If you have imported the DWG without linking, when you select one, and delete it, it will be removed from all views. You will then need to import it to the correct current view only.

If you imported and linked, its basically the same deal, but you can use "Manage Links" to turn off the DWG and then import and link another copy to the correct current view and locate it relative to the earlier linked DWG. Then delete the original.

Otherwise you can use Vis Graphics to turn off the DWG display in a specific view.