PDA

View Full Version : Elevation tags everywhere!

mark_a
2004-07-01, 11:08 PM
Hello,
I am producing elevations for wet areas. The elevation tags are only required to be seen in the view they are placed to generate the elevation, but as elevation tags are global they turn up in all views of that part of the building. We had the same issue when producing other drawings for trade packages such as precast panels. It may not be a big deal for a small building, but with 50,000 square metres and six Revit seats it is. One for the wishlist, or has anyone come up with a fix or workaround? (Back to "Hide annotation in view", again, and again, and again...)

mark_a

DanielleAnderson
2004-07-01, 11:15 PM
If you right click and go to view properties, then go into the annotations tab, you can hide all the elevations in a particular view just with one click...that might make things a little quicker for you.

Scott D Davis
2004-07-01, 11:20 PM
and once you set up one view with the view properties the way you want it, save it as a View Template, and then you can apply that view template to other views.....fast....easy!

mark_a
2004-07-01, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the quick replies Scott and Danielle,
Oh if only I could use VG to turn off offending elevation tags. Alas, there is usually a "friendly" elevation tag or two or three that must be visible. (Unless I am missing something here?)
As for View Templates, thanks, I will have to do more study here.
Thanks again,
mark_a

mark_a
2004-07-14, 05:21 AM
I have have heard from a not necessarily reliable source that elevation tags, section tags and other annotation catergories can be contained to the view they are placed in with scope boxes. Have had some degrees of success with grid lines, but not with levels or the above mentioned and thrice cursed elevation tags, (Out, damn spot! out I say!)(The Tragedy of McBeth, W Shakespeare)
Any one have any clues here?

mark_a