PDA

View Full Version : AutoCad Tutorials - Do they still exist?

CadGuyRob
2007-01-22, 10:39 PM
I recall that when I was learning AutoCad R12 there were basic tutorials available from the help menu (not just new features, but simple processes for a new user). I don't know when they stopped placing that kind of content in the install, but I do not see that in my 2006 or 2007 help menus.

I need to provide a customer with a list of "need to know" subjects which their users should familiarize themselves with before taking a class on our software (we are a Value Added Reseller).

If the basic "how-to" materials still exist and I'm just missing them, please point me in the right direction. If they are no longer a part of vanilla Acad, can anyone point me to a good resource for basic training appropriate to a 2D MEP user?

Thanks.

Damo
2007-01-23, 11:03 PM
Others in the Revit forum will already know of DGCAD and their video tutorials, see here for AutoCAD stuff too; DGCAD (http://www.dgcad.com/Acad2006-Level2.htm)

BrenBren
2007-01-23, 11:49 PM
I recall that when I was learning AutoCad R12 there were basic tutorials available from the help menu (not just new features, but simple processes for a new user). I don't know when they stopped placing that kind of content in the install, but I do not see that in my 2006 or 2007 help menus.

I need to provide a customer with a list of "need to know" subjects which their users should familiarize themselves with before taking a class on our software (we are a Value Added Reseller).

If the basic "how-to" materials still exist and I'm just missing them, please point me in the right direction. If they are no longer a part of vanilla Acad, can anyone point me to a good resource for basic training appropriate to a 2D MEP user?

Thanks.

I think they are there; but you need to install them; they don't get installed on a standard install. I think... :? I didn't install them here at home, but I'm sure I have them at work.