PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Create Color Fill in Area Plan

greg.mcdowell
2007-01-22, 11:43 PM
As the title says I'm unable to create a Color Fill in an Area Plan and I don't know why... any thoughts? It's an Area Plan that I added to the Project (i.e. it's not one of the defaults) if that makes a difference... though I don't know why it would. Thanks!

aaronwsmith
2007-01-23, 12:44 AM
So are you just trying to create a colour fill on a plan view? I'm unsure what you mean by area plan. But to my understanding, if you want to do a colour fill in a plan view, go to filled region in the drafting tab sketch the area you want filled, go to region properties,edit/new,duplicate, name your fill, change fill pattern to solid fill and color to whatever you want. finish sketch.
That probably wasn't what you were after so if maybe you could add an attachment with what you mean by area plan. cheers

robert.manna
2007-01-23, 01:21 AM
I believe that what Greg is looking for is the automated color fill plans that Revit can generate. When creating area plans you need to define areas with area seperation lines (may want to check out the help menu). Once you have your areas defined you need use the color fill legend tool to add a color fill legend to your area plan. Once the legend is added Revit will automatically insert the default area fill plan (rentable & gross). From there you can create your own fill plan definitions. As a note in Revit 9.1 (and previous), though it will do this automatically when you add a legend, floors must be turned off in any plan views for the color fills to work.

HTH,
-R

Wesley
2007-01-23, 01:26 AM
This may be obvious, but after creating the areas, did you tag them? You need to do this to get your colour fill...

dhurtubise
2007-01-23, 01:37 AM
You don't need to absolutely tag your area to get the color fill. It's just that the Area tool automatically add the tag to the view.

greg.mcdowell
2007-01-23, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the replies... I understand all of what has been offered but I am still unable to create Color Fill diagrams in this set of Area Plans. I suspect there is something wrong with the file and will look into submitting it as a Service Request [?].

dhurtubise
2007-01-23, 08:36 PM
Can you post the file ?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-01-23, 10:31 PM
Have you placed your area objects on the area plan? Whether you are using area plans or floor plans you need to have area or room objects in place before Revit will create color fills.

greg.mcdowell
2007-01-24, 12:36 AM
It's a big file but I'll see if I can save out just what I'm talking about tomorrow... hopefully it's something simple.