PDA

View Full Version : Revit window legend: plan view

clog boy
2007-01-23, 11:19 AM
I have an issue with the Revit window legend.
It's not a problem for me to drag them on the legend, put them on their respective heights and add dimensions to them. It gets harder when I have to deal with the orientation of the plan view; Revit looks at windows from the inside (back). If a swing is left from the inside, it will be left in the plan view. The sill will be towards the bottom.
It is possible to view a window from the outside (front), but it would be great if there was a possibility to rotate the plan view as well, so the sill is up and everything is viewed from the outside. Because that's how we work in the Netherlands: in a drawing we view the windows from the outside. If a swing is right from the outside, we want it to be right on the plan view as well. And not left, as it would be from the inside. It is not 'OK' for us the way it is right now, and all these minor glitches are beginning to frustrate me pretty much.

Is there a way to get this right, so Revit is actually saving me some real time?

EDIT: rotating the family itself (and the template) seems to work. However, whenever a window is flipped it appears on the legend in it's original state but with the project parameters applied.