PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall doors and scheduling

chris.macko125036
2007-01-23, 02:39 PM
I have tall building with a curtain wall and I need to add doors out to some balconies. Right now I'm using custom panels for each floor and I created some additional panels that contain doors with parametric width, height, and the normal door stuff, but since they are curtain panels they are scheduling with the panel size instead of the door size. They are still tagging and displaying like I want them to, but is there any way to make them report something other than the panel size for the schedule?

cphubb
2007-01-23, 04:52 PM
Chris,

You will need to adjust the panel size so the door so the door is the correct size. This is a downside to scheduling curtain wall doors. The only other option is a manual shared parameter, you will need to type values for each door.

chris.macko125036
2007-01-23, 07:26 PM
the door is only a part of the panel, not the entire thing. I think I found a solution though that might be useful to other people. I created new shared parameters scheduled height and scheduled width that will appear in the actual schedules, and then went into my normal door families and just set them equal to the height and width parameters so they'll automatically update. In my curtain panels they can be set to whatever I want. So far it seems to be working pretty well.

Tom Dorner
2007-01-23, 09:09 PM
You may want to explore using regular doors in curtain walls. See the following post for more information.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=20647&highlight=curtain+door+schedule