PDA

View Full Version : Room Tags for one plan referencing multiple floors

bryan.129117
2007-01-23, 07:37 PM
I have a multi-storied building that has floors that are not 100% identical, but are close enough that I will be showing 1 floor plan and noting the differences with enlarged floor plans (ie using a plan view of level 3 in a floor plan describing levels 3-12). All levels, however, exist in the model, so I can accurately view the enlarged plans. In order to tag the rooms in my 'overall' plan for multiple floors, is it best to create 'dumb' room tags that only show on a specific view? The downside to that is I would like individual lines of my schedule to refer to multiple floors (ie Rm 301 - 1201 is one line). Is there something similiar to Phases that allows for different designations of the same room? (I am hesitant to use create a bogus phase to accomplish this task since phases have a specific use and I am creating a model that could be used later for remodels, etc.) Thanks.

aggockel50321
2007-01-24, 01:44 PM
This might get what you're looking for.

By adding project parameter(s) to your rooms, and then give a unique value to all rooms of the same type, you could then group, sort, and/or filter the rooms by that parameter.

If you want to see the parameter in your schedule as a field, use a shared parameter.