PDA

View Full Version : Revisions Process question

ron.sanpedro
2007-01-24, 01:00 AM
So I have my revision cloud in a plan, which includes a detail callout, and I need to put a copy of it on an 8.5X11 sheet for issuance, and that needs to show the same callout info as the full sheet. I can copy the plan view with details, and then copy the detail callout, and I get a totally new detail.
Can I now "repath" that callout to the first detail, so I don't have to manage the symbol data? It seems not.
Can I snap to anything on the first callout so I can trace over it accurately with a new callout that does point to the first detail? It seems not.

I am curious how others are handling this? Do you just refuse to do 8.5X11 revisions and only reissue whole sheets? Or do you composite title blocks with images in Word, or Acrobat or something? Or do you follow a process like the above and just spend the time to manually coordinate between the "sheet" views and the "revisions" views? And has Autodesk provided any kind of documentation of this process? I actually love the way Revit handles the revisions themselves, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually turn that into a product on the job site that helps to get the building built!

Thanks, in advance,
Gordon

ford347
2007-01-24, 01:12 AM
Gordon,

For some reason I'm having a hard time understanding the process you are describing. It seems to me that if you have an exising plan view. You place a new detail on there for use in a revision, you also place your cloud in the same area. Wouldn't or couldn't you just place a callout in that area, place the callout on an 8.5 x 11 sheet, place the detail referenced from that callout on another 8.5 x 11 sheet and everything would be referenced correctly?

Josh

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-01-24, 06:35 PM
The problem I have with this whole process is the 'live' nature of these views. If you keep it all in the Revit project file then the revision sketch view is always in danger of being modified from what was issued.

Although it's a little cumbersome I create my callout view (usually just temporary), print that to DWF or PDF and then drop that onto a letter or ledger size title block to create a composite PDF. That gets issued electronically as a 'snapshot' of the change and the revision is made and recorded in the project file for inclusion in the record drawings.

If you do want to keep it in the project you can create a dwg of the revised area and then re-import that into a drafting view that is referenced in the project. That way it remains static but is still linked to the project.
I'd like the ability to import a native DWF into Revit so the whole review/markup process can be kept in .rvt and .dwf file formats