PDA

View Full Version : Door Tags!!

aretap
2007-01-24, 04:20 PM
Ok here is a complicated question! I just realized today that a door can recognize what room it is coming from and what room it is going to via the door schedule! Did not know that until today and that was making me think, if via the schedule the door knows where it is then is there anyway to create a shared parameter that recognizes this this field in the door schedule. The rational would be that the door tag could then tag the door with the same number as the room it is associated with! Please tell me this is possible!!!!

ford347
2007-01-24, 04:26 PM
I believe I have read about some cleaver ideas in these forums that people have come up with to accomplish this through shared parameters. I can't recall the process, but it's worth doing a little searching for. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.

To the best of my knowledge, no, Revit will not automatically tag the door with the same number of the room it's in. For some obvious reasons, 1., what about having 15 doors in the same room? I'm sure you could prefix or suffix the door in some manner, but that's what pops into my head to start with.

What I normally do is place the 'To' and 'From' room parameter in my schedule on a project that may warrent that information. I find it useful in some cases. Although I wish I could name the outside of the structure 'exterior' so the schedule wouldn't be blank in that field when you have an exterior door......

Josh

Baldwin_4-6-0
2007-01-24, 08:50 PM
Ok here is a complicated question! I just realized today that a door can recognize what room it is coming from and what room it is going to via the door schedule! Did not know that until today

How do I achive this?

DaveP
2007-01-24, 09:34 PM
Create a new Door Schedule.
On the Fields Tab, look in the lower left corner.
Drop down the "Select available Fields From" list
There is a "From Room " and a "To Room " option. Once you pick one of these, you have all of the Room fields to select from, including "From Room: Number"