PDA

View Full Version : I miss dragging and dropping my family...

John K.
2007-01-24, 06:25 PM
Back in versions 6 & 7, I was able to drag families directly into my Revit session from Windows Explorer . I'd use the Explorer window as a family library: even if a family was already in the project, it was often faster to place a duplicate instance in this way. When did that ability go away? Now, dragging automatically opens the family for editing. Sure, I can just hit the <<transfer to project button>> but even so, this will not put me in <<insert component>> mode.

Is there a Windows setting I can change to bring back the old method?

Thanks in advance,

-- jk

PS: Has anyone found a way to filter family names in the project browser? Or any other ways to run down families when naming conventions are still evolving?

aaronrumple
2007-01-24, 07:22 PM
? Where are you draging it too? That method still works. If you drag it to the drawing area it places the family. If you drap it to the tool bars it opens the family.

John K.
2007-01-24, 07:56 PM
? Where are you draging it too? That method still works. If you drag it to the drawing area it places the family. If you drap it to the tool bars it opens the family.So it [still] does. Maybe the few times I tried I was placing items in the wrong context? [Grasping]. Earned my "duh" for today.

Thanks.