PDA

View Full Version : Retrieving a Back Up

tbv
2007-01-25, 03:57 PM
I am having trouble retrieving a local file back up. I copied a .RWS file from the backup folder. Then pasted it into my local folder and tried to open the renamed back up. However, I receive an error message that reads: "Data in [file] must be manually upgraded."

In prior releases, I have been able to simply rename a .RWS file to .RVT when I needed to retrieve backups.

Any suggestions?

Scott D Davis
2007-01-25, 04:35 PM
There is a tool inside of Revit in the File menu to restore backups for workset projects. I think renaming a RWS file is highly UN-recommended! :-)

See: File>Backups

sgross
2007-02-20, 02:10 PM
i am having the same problem. my Revit file is gone and i am not working in worksets and i have no backups from yesterday - the last day i worked on the file - any help would be greatly appreciated....

jeffh
2007-02-20, 02:25 PM
"Data in [file] must be manually upgraded."

This message will require the file be sent to support. They can then determine if the file can be fixed and restored. Other than this you will have to resort to the last Revit backup.

dhurtubise
2007-02-20, 02:26 PM
There is no .001.rvt in your project folder ?

Nelsonnc24
2007-02-20, 02:34 PM
You might be able to get back your work if you just drag and drop one of the journal files preferable the latest one onto the Revit icon