PDA

View Full Version : Wall sweep and phasing problems

Griff
2007-01-25, 06:41 PM
I know I've seen a post about this but I can't find it. I have an existing wall with a door that is being demo'd. A new door is being installed close to where the old demo'd door was. When I try to add a wall sweep, the wall sweep cuts from the demo'd door to the new door. I've attached a rvt file plus a pdf of the problem. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help

Teresa.Martin
2007-01-25, 11:32 PM
Hi!
I am not sure if you are using a host sweep or adding a sweep to the structure of the wall.
In scenario 1) The sweep is a host sweep, please click on the sweep, go to the 'type' parameters of the sweep and make sure CUTS WALL and CUT BY INSERTS is checked.

In scenario 2) The sweep is part of the wall structure, go to the sweeps tab in the wall properties dialogue box. Make sure CUTS WALL is also checked.

Best regards,

Griff
2007-01-26, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. To clarify, I am using a host sweep and both the 'cuts wall' and 'cuts at inserts' were checked.

Of course I can change the Phase Filter to not show exist which doesn't show the sweep over the demoed door, but of course when I do that, there is still a part of the sweep that doesn't display because I guess it's somehow attached to the exist demoed door. The other obvious problem with turning off the display of existing items is, I need to show the existing walls.

I thought I'd read before that this happens because the sweep was added or is added in a certain phase. I've searched all over trying to find that previous post. I can't believe I hadn't come across this problem before, but its got me stumped. If anyone has any other good suggestions I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks

tamas
2007-01-26, 04:27 PM
Griff,

For the sake of this explanation look at your model with phase filter: "Show Complete" in the New phase using Shaded display.
You will see the new door, the existing wall and the imperfect wall sweep.

First to explain why the sweep is too short:
Select the wall (in shaded view!) and notice that the piece under the demoed door does not become selected.
It is a separate wall that fills in the hole made by the old door. When you placed the sweep, it did not get placed on this infill wall automatically. (It never does, but it probably ought to.)

You have two options to fix the model:

1. Select the sweep and drag the blue control of the short end to reach the new door.

or

2. Select the sweep, click the "Add or Remove Walls" button at the options bar
and select the infill wall that does not have a sweep attached to.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Tamas