PDA

View Full Version : Keynotes

jhaigler
2007-01-26, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know how to have the "keynote text" a parameter in a tag? I would like to create a tag which pulls the keynote text value as well as other parameters.
Jason

Scott D Davis
2007-01-26, 09:47 PM
click on the keynote tag in a project, and go to the type selector pull down...you already have a choice to display the number, the text, or both.

jhaigler
2007-01-26, 10:24 PM
I should have been more specific.

We are using the keynotes to coordinate our drawing terminology with the specs. For example, the keynote text parameter is "Portland Cement Plaster System". Our spec writer can maintain the text file and the terminology in the project will update. This works well for sections and details; however, we note the finish on the elevations. All elements in the elevations are assigned a material and the mark parameter in the material would be ie. "TAC01". Currently we are using the description parameter in the material to note "Portland Cement Plaster System" but it is not connected to the terminology in the keynote text file. Ideally, we could create a tag to pull in the keynote text parameter from the text file and the finish mark parameter from the material list. It seems like this could be possible because the material dialogue box lists keynote as a parameter under identity data, but when I am creating a material tag, keynote is not a parameter option to access. I have tried to access the keynote text as a shared parameter, but it didn't work.