PDA

View Full Version : Pads, topography, phases

Mike Sealander
2007-01-26, 10:35 PM
I am working on a residential renovation/addition.
I modeled the existing site and building with a pad under the basement to "excavate" the topography. All good so far.
Then, I "graded region"ed the topography in order to show new grading. This move seems to have destroyed the pad's ability to affect the original, demolished topography. In other words, even though the pads have an "existing" phase, they only affect the topography when the view phase is set to "new construction".
I did a little experiment in a test file, and it certainly seems like the "graded region" command bars one from being able to manipulate existing topographies with pads; pads only affect new phase topography.
Has anyone else noticed this, or found a way to model existing topography with pads?

Teresa.Martin
2007-01-26, 11:35 PM
Hi!

Phasing and topo has always been slightly problematic. Make sure after you use the graded region tool, to check the visibility settings and the phase for the graded region. The pad can only cut through one phase of the topo. That is to say that the pad and topo need to be in the same phase. It would be nice if the pad was able to cut through existing and new phases, but it does not seem to work that way presently.

Perhaps someone else has and interesting work around/solution.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Best regards,

dhurtubise
2007-01-27, 01:35 PM
I use 2 different topo each on it's own phase