PDA

View Full Version : Pipe hiding not working. in ABS2007

claus
2007-01-29, 08:53 AM
Hi.

In the 2005 and 2006 version i could hide my pipes when crossed in options was correct set. This works fine in 2007 and 2007.1 with duct and cable trays but not with pipes? Anyone knows why, or if it works fine in your display set, could you please attached a template with a display set that works so i can take a closer look.

Thanks.

stelthorst
2007-02-08, 08:54 PM
Hi.

In the 2005 and 2006 version i could hide my pipes when crossed in options was correct set. This works fine in 2007 and 2007.1 with duct and cable trays but not with pipes? Anyone knows why, or if it works fine in your display set, could you please attached a template with a display set that works so i can take a closer look.

Thanks.
Hi Claus,

I was not able to recreate your problems. I used the OOTB display representation MEP Design and all objects displayed hidden as expected. I have attached the test drawing I created for your review. Let me know if you need any more help or perhaps post a drawing showing the problem/issue.

Hope this helps,

claus
2007-02-10, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the drawing and answer Stelthorst.

Now i can look further in to it. Off cause you should see the problem i have, so i send one in return so you also have the chance to give it a go.

Thanks again.

stelthorst
2007-02-10, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the drawing and answer Stelthorst.

Now i can look further in to it. Off cause you should see the problem i have, so i send one in return so you also have the chance to give it a go.

Thanks again.Hi Claus,

I looked at your drawing and I think we're getting closer. I've attached your drawing with the following modifications:

Go to FORMAT - Options. On the ABS Crossed Objects Tab I unchecked "Apply Gap to Inside" (You could also just reduce the gap width)
On FORMAT - Style Manager - Piping Object - Piping System Definitions. I went to your pipe style "561F - Varme hovedforsyning frem" and unchecked "Display pipe and inline/anchored components as 1-line" on the Pipe Size Displays tab.
On Format - Display Manager. Changed the display of pipe, duct and fittings on your current Display Configuration from 2-Line to Plan.
I still haven't been able to get the pipe over duct to show up hidden but everything else seems to work.

Hope this helps,

claus
2007-02-12, 06:26 PM
Hi Scott.

Thanks a million. You really helped alot. Not only me, but a hole country :o).

No seriusly, this was a mistake made by the compagny who made the danish localizor. So every dansih compagny has this trouble with hidden lines.

The one that works is nr. 2 and 3.

We do wan´t nr. 1 to hide the pipes, so thats why it was set to 500.

Thansk again.