PDA

View Full Version : Revit Systems Content Creation Tutorial

kyle.bernhardt
2007-01-29, 08:00 PM
Revit Systems Community,
I wanted to let everybody know that we just recently posted a set of tutorials on creating Revit Systems content. I think these are a great resource for everyone who wants to learn to build Systems-specific content. You can find download for the tutorials on the Documentation section of our product web site, http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8779713.

Cheers,
Kyle B

andre.gawlik
2007-01-30, 07:32 AM
Thanks Kyle,

This is what users' been waiting for !

Well done Autodesk

Andre Gawlik

UpNorth
2007-04-25, 09:50 PM
Anyone have a copy of this? The link appears to be dead and I did not save a copy.

Thanks

kyle.bernhardt
2007-04-26, 02:03 AM
Some of the links on our site got killed when we re-formatted it for our new release. This one should always work.

www.autodesk.com/revitmep-documentation

HTH,
Kyle B

egonhi
2007-05-11, 03:33 AM
Revit Systems Community,
I wanted to let everybody know that we just recently posted a set of tutorials on creating Revit Systems content. I think these are a great resource for everyone who wants to learn to build Systems-specific content. You can find download for the tutorials on the Documentation section of our product web site, http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8779713.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Kyle,
Had another question in addition to not being able to unzip tutorial after download and save on my computer.
I have MEP Suite trial (two disks Revit MEP which I have installed and AutoCAD MEP 2008 which I have not yet installed) and had previously installed AutoCAD 2008 trial. Do I need to uninstall AutoCAD 2008 before installing AutoCAD MEP 2008, (mainly to save space) or can just install it?
Thanks for you help
Egon

kyle.bernhardt
2007-05-11, 01:10 PM
Kyle,
Had another question in addition to not being able to unzip tutorial after download and save on my computer.
I have MEP Suite trial (two disks Revit MEP which I have installed and AutoCAD MEP 2008 which I have not yet installed) and had previously installed AutoCAD 2008 trial. Do I need to uninstall AutoCAD 2008 before installing AutoCAD MEP 2008, (mainly to save space) or can just install it?
Thanks for you help
EgonMy experience is that you should be fine installing AutoCAD MEP with AutoCAD installed as well. I had that on my workstation when I was working with Autodesk Support. AutoCAD MEP is built on AutoCAD, so you're really installing AutoCAD twice as well, but since you only have a trial you can keep your AutoCAD installation if you want.

As for the tutorial download, I haven't heard anything about that until now, so I'm guessing it's something on your machine. Do you have access to another machine to test unzipping the files?

Kyle B

UpNorth
2007-05-13, 01:39 AM
The link provided points to the general Revit MEP tutorials. The original post in this thread pointed to MEP content creation tutorials - as stated above "we just recently posted a set of tutorials on creating Revit Systems content."

I thought maybe those tutorials were added to the main tutorials but all I see are tutorials on window and door families.

Thanks,

kyle.bernhardt
2007-05-13, 06:32 PM
The link provided points to the general Revit MEP tutorials. The original post in this thread pointed to MEP content creation tutorials - as stated above "we just recently posted a set of tutorials on creating Revit Systems content."

I thought maybe those tutorials were added to the main tutorials but all I see are tutorials on window and door families.

Thanks,The Content Creation Tutorial is located in the Revit Systems 2 documentation page. The link to that is at the bottom of the page I linked previously, or you can just go here (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=9480060). We are working to integrate the Content Tutorials into our standard documentaion.

HTH,
Kyle B

UpNorth
2007-05-14, 05:22 PM
Thank you very much! That is what I was looking for...

egonhi
2007-05-15, 05:50 PM
Thanks I have everything resloved and am already working through tutorials. Great package.
Egon