PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Delaware!

CCxDPM
2007-01-30, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone. I just joined AUGI today, and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is David, and I've been using AutoCAD (or some form of it) since 1989 (Rel 10). My education and early career is rooted in the field of architecture, but I've "branched out" into Engineering and (my favorite) GIS.

I have an AST degree in Architectural Drafting Technology, and a Bachelor of Architecture degree (the 5-year design thesis version). I've had many jobs as an architectural intern and CAD Operator. My dream was to be a registered architect, but I quickly realized that my career choice wasn't very compatible w/ having a family (long story). But my love for CAD kept me in this awesome and often challenging field.

Currently, I work FT in an engineering firm as their CADD Technician. I provide drawing and data support for many of our projects. I've also introduced my employers to my "new" hobby: GIS. I've always loved aerial photography and maps, so now I get to put my hobby and CAD talents together in the same place, and get paid for it!... I also own my own business (PT in the evenings and on weekends), providing CADD/GIS (and related services) to local architects, interior designers, etc. So, I guess you could say I do CAD almost constantly (maybe even in my sleep).

I hope to learn a lot here, meet new people, and even contribute someday.

Thanks everyone!

stelthorst
2007-01-30, 01:54 AM
I hope to learn a lot here, meet new people, and even contribute someday.

Thanks everyone!Hi David,

Welcome to AUGI! :)

I'm sure you'll learn something. I do every time I log on. As for meeting new people check out some of the non-technical forums and I'm sure with your background you'll be contributing a lot.

Again, Welcome

Steve_Bennett
2007-01-30, 09:48 PM
Welcome aboard!

Railrose
2007-01-30, 09:58 PM
Hi David,
Welcome to the forums. It's a great place to learn, share & have some fun.

CGM
2007-01-31, 09:20 AM
...I hope to learn a lot here, meet new people, and even contribute someday.Hello David,
Welcome to AUGI.
(Sounds dangerously close to volunteering to me.;) )

Enjoy the forums,

Brian Myers
2007-01-31, 01:13 PM
Welcome to AUGI, I'm sure you'll enjoy the stay! :beer: 8)

Opie
2007-01-31, 02:45 PM
Welcome to AUGI, David. There are many areas on the AUGI for learning (http://www.augi.com/education/default.asp?page=728) and teaching (http://www.augi.com/education/default.asp?page=396). ;)