PDA

View Full Version : detail numbering and annotations

clog boy
2007-01-30, 11:22 AM
Hi. I just spent time creating a detail section tag. My conclusion is that it works best to create a call-out, and make it visible in all intersecting views. The biggest problem I face now is how to keep track of them
Issue #1: is it possible to make all call-outs visible in intersecting views by default?
Issue #2: what is common logic/wisdom in naming and numbering convention?

Creating detail views will most likely become a time consuming (if not tedious) task.

Your opinions please. The more the better.

ford347
2007-01-30, 03:20 PM
I guess I don't understand your concern with naming and numbering. As far as naming goes, that's based off of your standards, and if you don't have them down, I guess that could take some time to establish. My first thought is that if it is a callout, the default name for a callout view is 'callout of first floor plan', which makes sense. You could change this to enlarged bathroom plan or some spin off of whatever your parent view is. That makes sense to me since it would let you know where it came from. Your callouts will be placed in the same category in your project brower as the veiw it was placed in....I believe, so that will give you some inclination of where it came from to begin with and if you stay on top of naming as you place, this should stay coordinated.

As far as numbering goes, this is done when placed on a sheet. So you only have to number your views on sheets as placed to stay in numerical order. This is all done by Revit, not the user. If you removed a view from a sheet, the number goes away, if it gets placed somewhere else, it is assigned a new number, all the while updating your section head or callout head in whatever view it was placed in....everywhere. So this one is quite intuitive.

Sorry if this isn't what you were after, but that's how I interpreted your questions. Hope it helps.

Josh

clog boy
2007-02-01, 12:34 PM
I agree with the naming conventions, except in my reality we print details where a window meets a wall. In your description we would call a detail 'mark 12 left mullion' etc. while we'd still have to conceive a numbering convention. Plus, renaming a view is extra work. It doesn't automatically reside in the same view category. Not that it helps when detail views are a totally different view category altogether... (you should see my project browser)