PDA

View Full Version : RGB to Accurender?

Kiteman48
2007-01-30, 01:46 PM
How can I make a new Benjamin Moore color for an accurender interior wall?
I want to try to show realistic colors in an interior rendering.
Thanks

sbrown
2007-01-30, 01:51 PM
Go http://www.easyrgb.com/

Pick your paint and it will tell you the rgb value.

Kiteman48
2007-01-30, 01:59 PM
Once I have the RGB value how do I make an Accurender texture? I know that it is probably simple but I could not figure out how to do it.

whittendesigns
2007-01-30, 03:55 PM
Make a map first in paint or photoshop then

Deep breath!

Settings>Materials>Make a duplicate material>click the arrow next to accurender>material>new>default grey or use existing>maps>add>pick your map(base color)

your duplicate material would be your finish, like "interior - sheetrock - (new color)" or something like that

cphubb
2007-01-30, 05:01 PM
Actually since you just need a solid color a procedural map would be faster easier and render faster.
Create a new material, click the accurender texture button. In the accurender box right click any material name in the center box and choose new>default grey.
In the base procedural map set the RGB as required. You can play with the texture settings for simulate semi gloss or eggshell but the color will render correctly. Remember this only works with Render, shade uses the material color from the material box and will not accurately reproduce RGB color

Kiteman48
2007-01-30, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the help. I used the second version but I see how the first one would work for another material.

bclarch
2008-02-21, 09:22 PM
Two part post.

1. General Info for Everyone's use:
Benjamin Moore has issued electronic files of their color palettes. (www.benjaminmoore.com (http://www.benjaminmoore.com) > For architects & Designers > Download Color Palettes) You have to register and accept their licensing agreement to get the files. They offer files tailored to Photoshop, Autocad & Lightworks but not Revit/Accurender.

2. My quandary:
I tried to find the RGB breakdown for a Benjamin Moore color the "EasyRGB" site referred to by Scott but they don't have all of the Benjamin Moore colors in their database. I opened the Benjamin Moore Autocad reference file in a text editor figuring that I could just extract the RGB values for a color but the values are not given as numbers. Each color value has a three-letter code assigned to it. These codes mean nothing to me. Anybody know what they mean? Is there an easy way to convert these files to files that can be read by the Accurender engine built into Revit?

sbrown
2008-02-21, 09:42 PM
If you are rendering the easiest is to save them as a jpg or tiff. bring them in as a material then accurender will automatically try to match the color for your shaded views.
Note the colors will only look right with shadows turned on.

bclarch
2008-02-21, 10:25 PM
If you are rendering the easiest is to save them as a jpg or tiff.
I assume that you mean save them from Autocad. Unfortunately we are on LT 2005 which doesn't support color book. Apparently support for color book has been implemented in LT 2009 but we have no plans to upgrade at this time.

sbrown
2008-02-22, 06:34 PM
no, nothing to do with autocad, you said the benjamin moore stuff was available for photoshop, so that means you can make a tiff or jpg out of it. Or open in photoshop and get the rgb from there.