PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Project Standards

JTF
2004-07-04, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know of this problem I seem to be having.

If I transfer project standards that have text or dimensions I get an error and nothing is transfered.

If I unselect text or dimensions then I can transfer, I then have to go to a open drawing and copy and paste the text and dimensions to the new drawing.

Just wondering if anyone has the same problem.

Thanks Todd

beegee
2004-07-04, 09:49 PM
I use TPS a lot and use it on reasonably large files, but I've not seen that happen at all.

Mr Spot
2004-07-04, 10:19 PM
I've also had that error but was unsure of why. Never really looked in to it just re-created the dimension and text styles.

SCShell
2004-07-05, 02:36 PM
Hi there,

Yes, I had that problem a while back. Revit Support looked at my file and told me to not transfer the Dimensions if the Revit release versions were different. They said there is something going on with transfering dimensions from earlier versions (even 5.1) into 6.1

They also told me that when pasting from one project, into another project using the Copy and Paste, I should be in a 3D ortho view rather than any level plan view. (I was having a problem copying and pasting from one project to another.)

Hope it works out
Steve Shell

PeterJ
2004-07-05, 04:37 PM
You could do a search on here for the exact issue but there was a bug at, I think, Release 6 with some handling of dimensions from legacy project models. 6.1 fixed the bug and I think there may have been some minor question as to how projects with dimension styles from both 5.1 and 6 worked in 6.1 - I think you lost some dimensions. My guess is that your bug is related to that, the problem has been set out long hand in this forum so you should be able to pick through and work out what the no-nos are in terms of transfer.