PDA

View Full Version : Room Tag visibility in Callouts

Fishmonger
2007-01-31, 06:46 PM
Is there a setting in Revit that I'm missing?
When I create either a plan or detail call-out I want
the existing Room Tag to show and I'll add the information
specific to that detail.
But they don't show up. And if I try to add one it
tells me it's not visible and that I should check my
visibility settings. I have not been able to find any
settings (and I've turned everything on) that allow
my tag to show.
Any idea of what I'm missing here?

tomnewsom
2007-01-31, 06:50 PM
View Properties -> Visibility -> Annotations -> Room Tags is ticked? I just made a callout of a plan and although the existing tag wasn't copied over (as is correct revitbehaviour) creating a new one was no problem.

Fishmonger
2007-01-31, 06:54 PM
Yes, that was my first thought as well.

Justin Marchiel
2007-01-31, 07:01 PM
my first guess is are you trying to add a tag, or a room with a tag? Since there is already a room in place, you should only need to add a tag. Also just to make sure, is your tag visible in coarse, medium and fine? That could affect it as well

Justin

Fishmonger
2007-01-31, 09:35 PM
Just trying to add a tag, not a room.
And I am able to add the Room tag after the callout is created
if I go back to my template and perform this process on a new project.
I'm not sure what your asking when you say "is my
tag (do you mean Room Tag) visible in coarse, medium
and fine."
I don't know where that setting is?
My Call-out has visibility settings related to when it
will show, in our case it doesn't show up at > than 1/16" scale.
But I think that is another issue.

david.kingham
2007-01-31, 10:21 PM
Make sure when you create the callout you are using the Floor Plan type, not detail...rooms cannot be tagged in a detail callout...if it is a floor plan callout make sure rooms are turned on under model categories, if that's not it check the phase

ashuler
2007-02-07, 05:24 PM
I had the exact same original question. (Thanks to this thread I got the answer).
However, the answer is not what I hoped for. Does anyone know WHY room tags don't show up in detail views?

Steve_Stafford
2007-02-07, 07:39 PM
[Wiseguy response]Because they programmed it that way... :smile:

The assumption is that a detail callout or section is focused on a very small portion of the work where a room tag wouldn't make sense (according to whom). Imagine a column detail, a moulding profile, a counter edge detail etc. The floor plan version is meant to create enlarged scale plan views.

A detail callout's annotation can appear in multiple views where a callout floor plan's annotation will only appear in the parent view.

Whether we think they got it right or wrong, it is how it works at this time.

ashuler
2007-02-07, 09:08 PM
Thanks, Steve. Good explanation. I just think it is kind of odd that Revit would want to limit your ability to show tags in any view.

cphubb
2007-02-07, 09:13 PM
The (I hate to say workaround) solution is to duplicate the view with detailing crop to size and erase the rest. I personally like the behavior and the separate nature of the tag and model systems. I find most cases I need a different tag in different views so having the auto tag would be an inconvenience.