PDA

View Full Version : Link DWF Markup Set

dlancor
2007-01-31, 06:54 PM
Ok,

For all those that use DWF (and yes, I like PDF as well), I've downloaded the trial version of Autodesk Design Review and:

Exported a Revit 9.1 sheet to 2d DWF

Made comments in Design Review and saved the file

Go Back to Revit to complete the workflow, go to Link DWF Markup, select my dwf, and revit instantly crashes. 4 of 4 times so far.

I tried the same workflow in Desktop 2006 and it is working.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've read many posts from people who seem to be getting this to work.

Thank you,

David

P.S. It is not a multi-sheet DWF - I know this is a problem so I'm working with just a single sheet.

ford347
2007-01-31, 10:50 PM
It just happened to me. I went to link the dwf markup set and revit had an unrecoverable error and had to quit. i don't know what caused it, but I re-opened revit and my project and tried it again and it did not crash a second time. But I'm sure if it happened once, it'll happen again.

The problem I'm having is that I have a dwf set which I have marked up and assigned a status to all of my markups. When I try to link the markup set into revit, revit states that there is no markups in the dwf file that I selected when I know very well there is?? How do I get revit to accept the fact that it is wrong??:)

I downloaded the trial version of design review, so maybe it won't let you use this tool if you haven't bought it yet? My 'File', 'Edit', 'View', etc. menu options are not availiable in design review either. I don't know?

Josh

ford347
2007-01-31, 11:47 PM
Just an update on the linking. It's been a while since I've used dwf since composer quit working right when I upgraded to 9.1. The window that comes up showing your dwf sheets and your revit sheets had all of them showing correctly. Only one sheet had markups on it though. Once I changed all sheets with no markups on them to read 'Not Linked', it imported the sheet I needed with the markups. Everything worked great! Little quirky though. You would think if the others didn't have anything on them they simply wouldn't come in and the ones that did....would. but it seems you need to manually link your list or unlink the ones you know don't have any markups on them.

Josh

Chad Smith
2007-02-01, 12:14 AM
I believe Autodesk is finally starting to take a more serious look at DWF with Revit, in both exporting and importing.
I'm hoping that in 2 releases from the current one that things will start working more smoothly between the two programs. If so, this is when we will start to implement DWF into our office.

ford347
2007-02-01, 01:49 AM
I hope so too. I really like dwf and think there is great potential in the design review approach to things.

I successfully linked a dwf markup set into my revit drawing and it worked just fine. I was able to reload my markups etc. It would be nice if there were a way to re-export the sheet with the model changes as well and have that update along with the markups.

I tried downloading and installing the service pack 1 for design review and it will not load. An error dialog pops up stating that there is a version problem or the program may not be on my machine. This is the latest version and this service pack is to address issues with the internet explorer upgrade. I have no file menu structure or standard toolbar in design review because I upgraded to internet explorer 7. Anybody ran into this before?? How do I get this service pack to run?

Josh

dlancor
2007-02-07, 04:07 PM
It turns out that, in my case, the problem seems to be with the Revit file (we'll call it Revit A). For some reason, attempting to import markups from the .dwf originally exported from Revit A into ANY Revit file crashes Revit. As well, importing markups from a .dwf exported from any other revit file into Revit A doesn't crash revit.

Weird.

For the moment, not a problem as Revit A is a project we're already finished with - I was just using it as a tester.