PDA

View Full Version : How to do spanish tile or composite shingles

Dave Lewis
2007-01-31, 09:38 PM
How do I put a tile or shingle on my roofs so that it really looks like a roofing material.
Not just a hatch pattern?
I have also seen presentations where the shingles had random shapes and coloring so that it looks more life like in renderings.

SkiSouth
2007-01-31, 10:04 PM
There are several approaches to a "realistic" spanish tile roof. The one I use is to make the roof a glazed roof system, with close mullions, and define the mullions as a spanish tile shape. The color in a rendering is set by the bitmap assigned, so if you want a variagated roof, you'll have to use that type of bitmap.

Do an advanced search (Search->advanced) on spanish tile, limiting the search to the Revit Forum by highlighting the first Revit listing under forums.

Heres a link to such a search, but i bet I'll have to remove it -because I don't think it will remember the search via linking... HERE (http://forums.augi.com/search.php?searchid=712926)
If this link works (of if it doesn't) look for the title "Refininig Renderings"

Wagurto
2007-02-01, 01:01 PM
Hi, skysouth would you mind share you family glazed roof or maybe posting a tutorial or something. Currentely, I have to use archicad for this particular task. I hope revir will do something about this necesary feature.
Thanks