PDA

View Full Version : Door schedule issue

dhurtubise
2007-02-01, 03:51 PM
We have a door schedule were we want to report From Room number and To Room number. I can insert the field but they don't populate. Actually no information from Room can be included. All fields shows blank.
We do have a room schedule that shows all the information.
Any ideas why ?

christo4robin
2007-02-01, 04:31 PM
Daniel,

I know this has been an issue for people in the past. You might search the forums a bit to see what you can find.

Personally, I had this issue when the room object and the door object were not based on the same level (two floors 12" apart, rooms all created to be associated with the higher level, doors on the lower level did not populate the from room and to room fields.)

Hope that helps.

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-01, 04:41 PM
just a word of caustion. the to from is not always acurate. i have noted it before that you can actually switch the to from in the schedule without the door actually flipping. been awhile since i said it, so i thought i might mention it again.

Justin

Steve_Stafford
2007-02-01, 05:12 PM
Not accurate...but on purpose. The direction the door swings does not always dictate the room the door belongs to. A door that must swing out of a classroom belongs to the classroom, not the corridor. If you want the TO value to represent what room the door belongs to then you need Revit to work the way it does. If you want the TO value to mean where the door literally swings in to then it doesn't.

Daniel, any chance phases are involved? If your rooms are in a different phase they wouldn't show up in the schedule or if the door schedule itself is assigned the wrong phase. Sorting and Grouping settings can sometimes prevent them from displaying too.

dhurtubise
2007-02-01, 05:25 PM
Steve it's all brand new construction so there is no phasing involve