PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Curtain Wall Grids in elevation

dbaldacchino
2007-02-01, 07:16 PM
I need to rotate the grids in a curtain wall (in elevation) so instead of being horizontal, they're rotated to 7 degrees relative to the horizontal. It seems that this is not possible. I've set my workplane to be in the vertical plane parallel to the mullion or face of panel. Then I select the grid and start the rotate tool, input the angle but it returns to the same place, no warnings or errors.

Is this not possible with the curtain wall tool? I don't really want to resort to building custom parameterized panels :(

sbrown
2007-02-01, 07:18 PM
if you use a curtain system, you can do this by highlighting the wall, you will see a little symbol, click it an you will see a degree parameter.

dbaldacchino
2007-02-01, 07:22 PM
Dang, this was the fastest reply I've ever received :)

I'll create a mass then, and do a curtain by face. I didn't think you had to go this route to achieve this. In my case I cannot use a curtain by lines since the outside perimeter is also at an angle. I also need to use the curtian to do a sloped louver system, so I'll give it a go and see how it turns out.

Thanks!

dbaldacchino
2007-02-01, 07:31 PM
Actually, I missed the fact that both a curtain wall and a curtain system have an instance parameter for rotation of the horizontal and vertical grids. So it's actually possible also with curtain walls, but you have to go and change it in the properties dialog and not with the rotation tool.

dhurtubise
2007-02-01, 07:43 PM
Right on, in the Properties dialog

jagostinho
2015-05-22, 12:22 PM
Not possible if Curtain System is created by curved face, though.