PDA

View Full Version : [Request for Feedback] Pipe Content

kyle.bernhardt
2007-02-02, 08:49 PM
Revit Systems Community,
I wanted to open a discussion regarding a topic that impacts all users, Content. I recognize that we do not have a "complete" catalog of content available with the program today (although I don't think we could ever provide enough content), and we certainly realize that there's a critical need to deliver more content. In this case, I'm talking Piping.

So, I want to open it up to all of you to let us in the Product Team know what content you need to properly create your piping layouts. I'm looking for specific types of fittings, equipment, and valves that you most commonly need to create your typical systems. You can go into as much or as little detail as you'd like. An explanation of why specific content will help you accomplish your jobs better will make your recommendation all the more useful.

I expect that some of you may want to vent about piping in general, that's okay by me, just try and throw in some content requests while your at it. :-)

I can thank you all in advance for any time you put into this request, as it will help us better shape the decisions we make for content creation. Many of us here certainly know what needs to be there, but this is an opportunity for your voice to be heard, and it's something I think we need to do more of as the product develops further.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Standard Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that any/all recommendations will actually be produced, nor can I make any statements of when you would see such content.

bbambu
2007-02-05, 04:40 PM
The valves we've needed for our latest project were: check valve, balance valve, 3-way pneumatic valve, and gate valve. Also, I'm not sure Revit has clean outs in its library either.

How difficult would it be to put more content in the web library? (just wondering)

fcarvalho
2007-02-05, 08:42 PM
Kyle,

A few things. One is there going to be a Piping and Fire Protection tutorial's? Also is there any idea of when the plumbing part of Revit will be up to speed? One thing that would be nice is when connecting waste piping to fixtures that it puts in a tee or wye fitting for waste going down and vent going up. I have also noticed that i am having problems deleting a elbow and connecting a different one. In all it has been very frustrating trying to learn the plumbing part of Revit.

Thanks,
Fred

kyle.bernhardt
2007-02-15, 02:37 PM
Not sure what information you're looking for, but I'll take a stab. With the press embargo lifted for the upcoming release I can talk about what's coming.

In the upcoming release of Revit MEP 2008 you'll see a significant improvement in the content available to do plumbing, as well as some improvements in sloped piping capabilities.

Additionally, you will see the first implementation of modeling capabilities of Fire Protection systems, as well as some content to support that task.

Does that help?

Kyle B

flaviusb
2007-02-27, 07:42 AM
Kyle,

A lot of the "ABS" piping used in regular construction. It seems that the current piping has many short elbows, not representing real world piping. Also valves that are used in regular bathrooms and commercial applications such as shut-valves, main line shut-off, etc. Thanks for all your help.

jvedio
2007-03-22, 07:22 PM
Hub and no-hub piping.
Butterfly, globe, os & y valves.
Fire protection flanged valves, flow switches.
Fittings used in plumbing chases. Battery fittings, stack fittings and vent bends. We do alot of apartment buildings in my company and we've had to create all of this stuff from scratch.

andre.gawlik
2007-03-23, 09:12 AM
Hi Kyle,

Here in UK mapress crimped system is very popular and lots of off-site construction companies are using it, sooooo....

I think that range of galvanized, stainless steel and copper fittings should be included in the catalogue.

Thanks for UK users

Andre

bmulders
2007-06-12, 04:11 PM
My requests aren't that much,

but in the ductile iron department, I could really do with valves that will fit pipes over a 300mm diameter,
bell-mouth endings, flexible couplings ( i.e. Viking Johnston)

Needle valves for PVC.

Thanks,

Bas