PDA

View Full Version : Crop Region Behavior

ajayholland
2003-06-25, 05:48 AM
When a view's crop region is activated, it extends to the limits of model geometry, including reference planes. After I frame a view by adjusting the crop boundaries, I would like those boundaries to (optionally) be retained when I turn the region off and then on again.

Alternatively, I would like the option to create the crop boundary in a sketch mode, by dragging a rectangle across the view.

After that, irregular shaped crop boundaries.

-AJH

gregcashen
2003-06-25, 06:01 AM
I would second this one. I get very frustrated when my views change. I would like them to stay however I drag them unless I click a button that says, 'reset to extents' or something similar. Also the irregular shapes would be nice!

jbalding48677
2003-06-25, 07:22 AM
If you turn on your crop region, set the rectangular extents of the crop region and then uncheck the crop region visible it will maintain the region you set and not reset to the extents as you are describing. (The key here being leave the crop region checked and check and uncheck the visibility)

The irregular boundary... I am waiting on that on as well.

gregcashen
2003-06-25, 07:38 AM
I have found that sometimes the viewports seem to automatically resize themselves between editting sessions based on some unknown logic. I have to go through and reset view extents and move views around sheets occassionally after reopening projects. Is this normal or am I missing something obvious?

ajayholland
2003-06-25, 02:48 PM
I have found that sometimes the viewports seem to automatically resize themselves between editting sessions based on some unknown logic. I have to go through and reset view extents and move views around sheets occassionally after reopening projects. Is this normal or am I missing something obvious?

The size of a view placed on a sheet will change depending on the visibility of items in the view, such as reference planes and elevation markers. Using a crop region excludes those objects outside its boundary.

If you turn on your crop region, set the rectangular extents of the crop region and then uncheck the crop region visible it will maintain the region you set and not reset to the extents as you are describing.

I was working on some 3d orthographic shaded elevations and found that I wanted to work outside those boundaries, not just make them invisible. I would be satisfied with the sketch mode thing - that and a faster computer. :wink:

-AJH

Wes Macaulay
2003-06-26, 01:32 PM
Yeah - you definitely do not want to be turning crop regions on and off! Has anyone posted the irregular crop region bdy to the wish list yet?

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-26, 04:14 PM
Yes it has...Click ME to SEE (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30&highlight=viewports)

thsmith1804
2003-09-25, 03:34 AM
My answer to the irregular crop region is just to use a "fill region" while using an invisible line and using the "no hatch" option. It will do until they fix this.