PDA

View Full Version : printable area to match autocad setup?

shenderson
2007-02-05, 04:32 PM
printing to file has been established as a firm standard.

we have setup autocad to print to a file using an HP 755cm driver. this was the recomendation from our print house. it lets us print to either our in house hp 800 or their oce' printers and get identical results (we've already spent quite a bit of time with them making pen tables and sheet areas etc to match). now i'm trying to get revit to create print files that match the autocad files.

on the autocad side we set up a *.pc3 file that uses the HP 755cm driver. we use two sheet sizes: arch E1 and arch D expand. we modified the printable area of the the E1 sheet to be 29.76 x 41.76 which works just fine...on the autocad side.

from the revit side i've had no problem printing the arch D directly to the hp 800 or to a *.plt file but the E1 sheet is cutting off our title block and i can't find a way to change the printable area. it's going to be a pretty big deal to change anything on the autocad side at this time due to the time already spent.

is there a way to modify the printable area outside of autocad and the pc3 file?

dhurtubise
2007-02-05, 04:34 PM
Revit uses Windows drivers. Try modifying those

shenderson
2007-02-05, 04:40 PM
i can't find anything that let's me modify the printable area ala the pc3 file. i've gone to the printer properties... clicked into all of the tabs and buttons....

dhurtubise
2007-02-05, 04:44 PM
There is no PC3 in Revit.
Go to Control Panel -> Open Printers & Faxes
From the File menu pick Server Properties
Forms tab, scroll to your sheet size

shenderson
2007-02-05, 04:53 PM
that's what i've done... i believe the standard printable area in the driver is 40.7x29.6...

i need to change it to 41.76x29.76 to get our sheets to act the same from revit and autocad. changing the autocad side is going to cause problems at this time so i'm hoping the windows driver can modify the printable area but i can't find anywhere to do it.

deauserv
2007-02-05, 05:40 PM
Choose the "oversize" E1 sheet option.

shenderson
2007-02-05, 05:44 PM
thanks for all the replies... i kinda got caught up in the matching exactly mode...not my normal MO but coming from upper management.... i realized it's fractions of an inch and just moved the revit t-block...hopefully they won't notice...ssshhhh don't tell.