PDA

View Full Version : Presentation Experiments

Roger Evans
2004-07-06, 02:13 AM
None of these methods are definitive ~ all just experimental & could do with more work
most images are very old and some have been posted before.

Lots of avenues here to digress and vary presentations

The aim is to give a strong image or try & soften Revit Model (Hence my recent posts on subject of Sketch Up)

I'd like to see all and any experiments anyone wants to post

beegee
2004-07-06, 02:58 AM
Nice work Roger. Thanks for sharing those. You may wish to give some details on how these were done at some stage ?

Looking forward to seeing similar "experiments" from others as well.

Joef
2004-07-06, 03:17 AM
Here is one of my experiments with a revit model and Piranesi. I've only had a few hours to spare to work with Piranesi but I am really liking what can be produced very quickly.
Joe

beegee
2004-07-06, 06:00 AM
Nice watercolour effect Joe.

Piranesi and Revit go well together.

aliya14
2004-07-06, 06:51 AM
Nice Work!
Could u please tell me how these presentations can be done?

PeterJ
2004-07-06, 09:44 AM
Nice work, Roger.

I've seen the blue tinted one before but can you remind us how you did that one please.

Roger Evans
2004-07-06, 11:02 AM
Pete it was so long ago (3.1 days I think) I have problems remembering exactly
I think method was described on RUGI

Image 1 BlueTint
Obviously bluetint applied after in paint prog but I think I grey scaled first

1 Plan was rendered saved & imported as Jpeg Background for top 3D axo /
2 Rendered again saved & imported as jpeg Background for bottom 3D axo

So it gave the layered effect.

You could probably do the same in Photoshop or Corel ~ but I don't have that so hence all Accurender.
Image method was produced / intended for sales brochures

Image 2
Ultra simple ~ eg Ground plane material set as White Cladding
Background Image anything you want ~ in this case a render / screen capture of grass ground plane saved as jpeg ~ then grey scaled ~ then inverted (reverse Neg) colours to give charcoal effect
(you can tint any colour as well)

Image 3 : Composite details
Just playing around & inverting colours & grey scaling images etc

Image 4 : Site Plan
I rediscovered this last week after client contact (I thought it was a dead job)

Ultra simple ( I think this technique has most potential especially for coloured pencil)
hand drawn scan of jpeg site plan / here coloured in paint prog for grass / boundaries etc / imported as background & scaled up.

Roger Evans
2004-07-29, 01:10 AM
Thought I'd follow on the Sketch Up discussion by posting these Revit experiments with Material Transparency.
Walls & Columns set at default ~ Material White Linen at 0% (solid) ~ 25% ~ & 75%
Curved walls & furniture set as solid.

Additional Decals / Light fittings etc would liven the images up further and would be worth doing ~ but at the time these proved themselves useful enough to explain the design to the client.

beegee
2004-07-29, 01:56 AM
Nice loose sketchy effects Roger. I like it.
Reasonably fast to achieve ?

Roger Evans
2004-07-29, 02:16 AM
Yes if you set same material for the majority ~ that way you only have to tweak one material ~ but you can get nice contrasts with say 2 or more colours.

The plan example here is different method completely ~ also is a reverse negative ~ gets to be fun trying to predict colours so a lot of it is happy accidents

blads
2004-07-29, 03:37 AM
snip...

Looking forward to seeing similar "experiments" from others as well.

Hey beeg,

with fear of lawyers knockin on my door I recall seeing some great presentation techniques at a Revit demo... perhaps you could post those as I only saw very quick snipperts :D

Nice work Roger

beegee
2004-07-29, 06:01 AM
Hey beeg,

perhaps you could post those as I only saw very quick snipperts :D

Nice work RogerHi Blads , that was the whole intention. .... Must have worked :Puffy:

( I'll see what I can dig out sometime soon )

PeterJ
2004-07-29, 08:30 AM
~ also is a reverse negative ~
In monochrome that was a popular but near bank-breaking presentation technique in college. Haven't seen anyone do it recently.

It is, of course, right to put some effort into presentation work but my presentations tend to be round table discussions. Do you present differently, Roger?

Roger Evans
2004-07-29, 10:15 AM
Just trying to avoid boredom Peter ~ The negative takes a couple of minutes ~ and like I said in my first post these are all just experiments in technique. Most of them are old.

I would love to see other examples anyone wants to post (Beegee?)

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-22, 02:40 AM
Thought I'd post these images. They were done as an experiment after a conversation about whether Revit could be used for early design studys.

In this case we were thinking about shadows and impressionistic appearances. You'll note the buildings don't have any detail, windows, doors etc.... The trees were done as "lollipop trees" to vaguely resemble trees and avoid being too realistic.

Also, these images have been retouched in photoshop with a filter, just one effect applied to an otherwise raw accurender result.

beegee
2004-08-22, 05:31 AM
I think you've done a nice job of a massing study.

I particularly like the "unreality " of it all. Tells the client that this is just a preliminary look at one aspect of the design, so he shouldn't start worrying about building material, colours, finishes and landscape design just yet a while.

Roger Evans
2004-08-22, 02:39 PM
That's really interesting ~ I don't use Photoshop so I assume the textured effect is applied in Photoshop? ~ but the texture doesn't appear to be carried over into the sky though, so I am a bit confused there.

I wonder what would be the effect of using more transparency on the trees ~ even maybe as glass material ?

The more I look at them (especially middle one) the more I like it

Any more?

Cheers

Roger

Steve_Stafford
2004-08-22, 03:21 PM
The filter is "Brush Strokes" "Crosshatch". I like that filter a lot. As for transparency, we did experiment with a few settings to give the landscape stuff a more see through look but never hit on the "right" combination. The sky is a gradient fill in accurender so the filter is applied to it as well but it just doesn't have a lot of contrast to alter. Glad you find them interesting...I don't think I have anymore...I'll check. I do have the original accurender version un-altered that is.