PDA

View Full Version : Architectural - Dynamic Table & Chairs (Vis State Test Block)

Rico
2006-01-13, 04:50 PM
Just to see how far i could go ......

I am posting a funny block (in my opinion).

It is a round table and chair with 52 visibility states. Kind of wanted to see what the maximum was ...... i ran out of patience and have not reached the visibility limit, yet. haha.

from 10 chairs all the way down to 3, with the visibility being "how many people are sitting at this table?" You can scale the table down or up in size and all the "little people" move with it.

I had a bit of fun doing this one.

16 Vis states ??!?!?!?!? WTF was I thinking !?!?!?! LOL ;)

Chris.N
2006-01-16, 04:33 PM

It is a round table and chair with 52 visibility states. Kind of wanted to see what the maximum was ...... i ran out of patience and have not reached the visibility limit, yet. haha.

from 10 chairs all the way down to 3, with the visibility being "how many people are sitting at this table?" You can scale the table down or up in size and all the "little people" move with it.

16 Vis states ??!?!?!?!? WTF was I thinking !?!?!?! LOL ;)WAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOWW!!!!!! SUPER :cool: !! just one thing, i had to move your vis parameter off of insertion point so that it could be used... (at least i couldn't till i moved it)
so i take it your 'big' project is done? or do you do this for fun in your spare time? :wink:

Chris.N
2006-01-16, 04:35 PM
oh, and Rico? where's the different states for different chair types???

:wink:

Rico
2006-01-17, 02:05 PM
WAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOWW!!!!!! SUPER :cool: !! just one thing, i had to move your vis parameter off of insertion point so that it could be used... (at least i couldn't till i moved it)
so i take it your 'big' project is done? or do you do this for fun in your spare time? :wink:Glad you liked it. :) I never had any problem with the vis parameter being placed at insertion. I'm using it in my dwg right now and no problems yet. Oh well, another case of AutoCAD behaving badly? ;)

My big project is not done. In fact we are just gearing up for the busy part. It's due for tender in about 1 month and we're only about 15% done .... plus I am the only tech on the job ....... :Shock: ..... I'm gonna have a coronary because of this project, aren't i?

The "different chair" settings within the block that you're looking for are not there. It's only one chair type. If I added a different chair type to the mix we'd be looking at 104 Vis states .... I think I'm getting dizzy ....

I do this on my spare time (no joke there) - not ALL the time, just whenever I get an idea or the "itch". I just enjoy working with DB's, that's all. Hooh boy, I'm a dork.

Chris.N
2006-01-17, 03:03 PM
Glad you liked it. :) I never had any problem with the vis parameter being placed at insertion. I'm using it in my dwg right now and no problems yet. Oh well, another case of AutoCAD behaving badly? ;)

My big project is not done. In fact we are just gearing up for the busy part. It's due for tender in about 1 month and we're only about 15% done .... plus I am the only tech on the job ....... :Shock: ..... I'm gonna have a coronary because of this project, aren't i?

The "different chair" settings within the block that you're looking for are not there. It's only one chair type. If I added a different chair type to the mix we'd be looking at 104 Vis states .... I think I'm getting dizzy ....

I do this on my spare time (no joke there) - not ALL the time, just whenever I get an idea or the "itch". I just enjoy working with DB's, that's all. Hooh boy, I'm a dork.wow, insight!! i just had an idea... i may lookinto it and suprise you.... (will be a while, tho) and doncha think it should be AUGdI?

philip.107935
2006-03-17, 12:24 AM

16 Vis states ??!?!?!?!? WTF was I thinking !?!?!?! LOL ;)

just back reading and came across this block, have done a small change (got rid off all the vis states have not completed the change i started thought i would see what you guys thought of this before going to much further, will make adding different chair types easier, still a small bug with the rotate but was a last minute thought, oh well here goes , will give you a larger choice of chair arrangments

Rico
2006-03-17, 02:40 PM
just back reading and came across this block, have done a small change (got rid off all the vis states have not completed the change i started thought i would see what you guys thought of this before going to much further, will make adding different chair types easier, still a small bug with the rotate but was a last minute thought, oh well here goes , will give you a larger choice of chair arrangments As far as the block goes, I think if you can make it better, please do. My idea, at first, was to simply find out how many vis states I could fit into one DB. When I realized that I could put over 50, I stopped. Didn't wanna find out how deep the rabbit hole went. ;)

Now as far as WHAT you are doing to it, I think the lookup table is an idea, but the rotate is not really necessary, unless you plan to add a move action to it so that it rotates AROUND the TABLE. Otherwise, I don't see what the point is of having the rotate there. All chairs (at least, in architectural plans - OUR architectural plans) face the centre of the table - are seated around the table. So while having the chairs rotate so they face out is a neat novelty, I'm not sure that there's much practicality behind it.

The lookup for the chair for person, chair or none was a good idea though. I am curious to see how you can make it all work.