PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good multi-sheet PDF scanner?

bowlingbrad
2007-02-06, 03:57 PM
Anyone know of a good multi-sheet PDF scanner? We have just started looking and I thought AUGI would be a great starting point.

I know there are a lot of copy machines that have an added functionality but, our copy machine is just fine and we are not thinking about touching it any time soon (per my boss).

Some options we're looking at:
8.5x11 paper minimum.
Multiple sheet feeder.
Scanning to email would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.

.chad
2007-02-06, 04:31 PM
Anyone know of a good multi-sheet PDF scanner? We have just started looking and I thought AUGI would be a great starting point.

I know there are a lot of copy machines that have an added functionality but, our copy machine is just fine and we are not thinking about touching it any time soon (per my boss).

Some options we're looking at:
8.5x11 paper minimum.
Multiple sheet feeder.
Scanning to email would be preferred.

Thanks in advance.we have a brother MFC-8460N that will scan to file or email, can scan as many pages as you can put on the document feeder on top, and also prints, faxes and copies. i think we paid around $400 for it. it might be more than you are looking for though. they might make some bigger format scanners, but i dont know.

Andrew Dobson
2007-02-06, 08:56 PM
We have a photocopier that scans to PDF and saves the file on our server and a copy of Omnipage Professional that is set up to "watch" a folder on the network and automatically OCR any new files it sees.

This solution works very well, is very fast and cheap (as we already had the copier)

Mike.Perry
2007-02-08, 08:04 AM
Hi

Take a look at the suggestion in THIS post.

Have a good one, Mike

bowlingbrad
2007-02-08, 06:04 PM
Thanks Mike!

I did take a look at that one. The HP 9100 is a discontinued model. I don't know that I want only 600dpi either. The newer model is the 9200 at $3700.

I think we're leaning towards the Scanjet 8270.

CADDmanVA
2007-02-21, 12:50 AM
Our office has a Cannon MFC-8100 series. It may be a little overkill for you depending on your needs, but we love it. The color laser resolution is decent, and the multi-sheet scanner dumps directly to PDF. It's also network attachable right out of the box.