PDA

View Full Version : Link dwgs

dmwirtz
2007-02-06, 08:44 PM
can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong - I have a linked dwg and for some reason I can't change the line width of two elements in that drawing - I have play around with 'by category an so forth but the only thing that I can get to work is 'halftone' which I don't want and I am running out of ideas.

I am using 9.1 just in case it makes a difference :)

cosmickingpin
2007-02-06, 08:50 PM
have they been line worked by any chance?

Edit; try exploding the blocks containing them.

dmwirtz
2007-02-06, 09:07 PM
These are linked drawing and cannot be exploded and I don't believe line work will work on them either - Nope! just tried that and it doesn't t work - not sure what you mean about Edit;

but thanks for the quick feedback

cosmickingpin
2007-02-06, 10:05 PM
are these elements contained in a block in the original cad file? If so then there may be a separate layer dependency based on whatever layer the block was originally loaded in in Cad. You could try importing the cad file into an annotation symbol family and see if the problem persists.

These are linked drawing and cannot be exploded and I don't believe line work will work on them either - Nope! just tried that and it doesn't t work - not sure what you mean about Edit;

but thanks for the quick feedback

dmwirtz
2007-02-06, 10:57 PM
Nope - I checked that out also - there is no block but it is a rectangle and not just lines - not sure if that makes a difference or not

sonya
2007-02-07, 12:46 AM
i've found that if the acad layer is set to bylayer you can override it in revit
if it isn't you might have trouble
also certain kinds of elements don't seem to want to override (we're generally exporting from microstation to revit via dwg so all sorts of other funny things happen)
you'll need to work out what is different between the elements which let you override and those that don't

dmwirtz
2007-02-07, 04:37 PM
Yep - I found the problem - the line weights were set manually and they were huge and for some reason because they were so large Revit wouldn't let me override them it worked for some of the other that were a more 'normal' width but maybe it didn't over ride them but the fact that they were normal it didn't draw my attention.

What I ended up doing was going into the dwg and changing it to a decent line width - it was set at 2.11 - I am assuming that this was an error -

Anybody else have any thoughts -