PDA

View Full Version : Rounding off Area in Schedule

dgraue
2007-02-07, 10:26 PM
I have three "A" rooms that I want to schedule. I want to show the Name, Area and Count in the schedule. The rounding format for Area in the Project Units has been set to a 0 decimal places. Therefore, the area tag in each room shows 43 SF in the area plans. But if you look at the properties for the area, the actual reads as 42.75 sf and 43.28 sf. So, if I have two "A" rooms at 42.75 sf and one "A" room at 42.38 sf the schedule will read as 43 SF for all three but will group two of them while showing the third separate even though the area shows as 43 sf for all of them.

Can the schedule put all three rooms in the same line item based on the rounded off format of 43 sf? I have attached the example.

Thanks.
DG

ford347
2007-02-07, 11:00 PM
I messed around with this for a minute and came up with a few options.

For one, revit is displaying the area through your area tag based off of your project unit settings. You had this set to 0 decimal places which has a rounding increment of 1. I changed this to a custom rounding increment of .5 so that it would show 2 decimal places but only show to the nearest half, which you may be ok with on your plan??

I messed around with a calc'd value a little but I think you'll find that won't consistantly match your reported value from your tag, give it a shot and check out the file though. I would just allow a decimal place so at least when you show multiple areas in your schedule, because revit knows they're different, at least the area shown will show different from the last, instead of two showing both at 43SF.

Those are my first thoughts on the whole thing.

Josh

TroyGates
2007-02-07, 11:01 PM
In your schedule create a new 'Calculated Value' that has its type set to an Integer. Then put in the formula:

Area / 1 SF

Lastly, change your second sorting/grouping to the new parameter you created. Now it is grouping by a true integer instead of a rounded number.

I included your file with an additional schedule with the change.

ford347
2007-02-07, 11:05 PM
cool. 8) Good thinking.

cphubb
2007-02-07, 11:38 PM
Or use a hidden sorting field and and Key schedule to group. Often faster than trying to get all the math to work in an expected manner

dgraue
2007-02-08, 12:19 AM
In your schedule create a new 'Calculated Value' that has its type set to an Integer. Then put in the formula:

Area / 1 SF

Lastly, change your second sorting/grouping to the new parameter you created. Now it is grouping by a true integer instead of a rounded number.

I included your file with an additional schedule with the change.

Perfect, thanks!