PDA

View Full Version : Strange view workset behavior

cosmickingpin
2007-02-08, 06:54 PM
I have a very strange situation. a sheet view I have been listed as a borrower that I can not relinquish. Doesn't matter how many times I STC, the view box is checked, and nothing works. I have opened the central file and tried it there, nothing doing. So everything get put back except this one crazy view workset.
Anybody ever seen this?

mschroeder
2007-02-08, 07:07 PM
I can think of only a couple of things you should check.

If you did not change your workset username, then try to use the "File > Relinquish All Mine" feature.

cosmickingpin
2007-02-08, 07:10 PM
Did all of that, relinquished, STC, Reloaded, nothing works. Here is how it went down. I was editing the title block. and another user while attempting to do so got a fatal crash (not one of those nice save a recovery ones, but one of those, "now you see it" ones). This was last night, and ever since, it is forever mine. No user name change, nothing that would logically explain this.

I can think of only a couple of things you should check.

If you did not change your workset username, then try to use the "File > Relinquish All Mine" feature.

mschroeder
2007-02-08, 07:17 PM
Also try the following:

Make a new local.
Open the workset dialog. Under "show" check Views. Then select the problematic view click the Editable button, then click the Non Editable button. OK

I'm out of ideas now.

cosmickingpin
2007-02-08, 07:23 PM
Yeah I did that all last night, I ran out of ideas too. Just hoping fot the outside shot somebody here has run across this before. Looks like I have another SR in my destiny.
I wonder what individual user has the record for the most SR's?

Also try the following:

Make a new local.
Open the workset dialog. Under "show" check Views. Then select the problematic view click the Editable button, then click the Non Editable button. OK

I'm out of ideas now.

dbaldacchino
2007-02-09, 12:57 AM
Why don't you delete the sheet and re-assemble again it by dropping the views that are currently on it?

jeff.95551
2007-02-09, 01:47 AM
I think you've got two options - what David described (will it let you delete it?) or send in a support request. Sounds like a file corruption issue to me.