PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have editable text within a dynamic block?

jm.pearson105333
2006-02-17, 05:16 PM
Is it possible to have editable text within a dynamic block? I know you can do attributes, but what I'm thinking is for the pipe sizes to be editable. Also, I know you know how to do this... I want to be able to have equipment on an as need to see basis. In other words, I'd like to be able to add and subtract pieces of equipment, base on the specific job. (Am I trying for too much?)

Rico
2006-02-17, 05:21 PM
Is it possible to have editable text within a dynamic block? I know you can do attributes, but what I'm thinking is for the pipe sizes to be editable. Also, I know you know how to do this... I want to be able to have equipment on an as need to see basis. In other words, I'd like to be able to add and subtract pieces of equipment, base on the specific job. (Am I trying for too much?) Not trying to do too much, but from what I can tell you'll need to combine both a visibility state and a look up table? As for editable text, I normally do dimension lines and delete extension and dimension lines, and arrows. Then you're left with a dimension that is only text and basically acts as an automatically updating text entity. It's the only other way I know how.

jm.pearson105333
2006-02-17, 05:26 PM
Not trying to do too much, but from what I can tell you'll need to combine both a visibility state and a look up table? As for editable text, I normally do dimension lines and delete extension and dimension lines, and arrows. Then you're left with a dimension that is only text and basically acts as an automatically updating text entity. It's the only other way I know how.
I don't think that is what I need. The pipe dimensions I am looking for are for the diameter, not the length. I think that would be a visibility command, however, I don't believe that's the direction I should go in, either.

Opie
2006-02-17, 05:27 PM
Not trying to do too much, but from what I can tell you'll need to combine both a visibility state and a look up table? As for editable text, I normally do dimension lines and delete extension and dimension lines, and arrows. Then you're left with a dimension that is only text and basically acts as an automatically updating text entity. It's the only other way I know how. You can also place a field within an attribute based on the actions of the DB. Then all you need to do is regen or update the fields in the drawing. This is what I am doing over here.

Hey, Rico. Can you go have a look at that DB for me? I am having some trouble with the rotate or polar stretch. Which ever will reduce the number of grips but allow both a stretch and rotate at the same time.

Rico
2006-02-17, 06:46 PM
You can also place a field within an attribute based on the actions of the DB. Then all you need to do is regen or update the fields in the drawing. This is what I am doing over here.

Hey, Rico. Can you go have a look at that DB for me? I am having some trouble with the rotate or polar stretch. Which ever will reduce the number of grips but allow both a stretch and rotate at the same time. Sure thing. I'll get back to you as soon as humanly possible.