PDA

View Full Version : Architectural - Door Elevations (7 Door Elevations)

kastmiler
2006-03-01, 04:54 AM
Well, I'd like to see this post keep going. So I thought I'd get the ball rolling again.

Enclosed is a dynamic door block in elevation. Someone started this earlier, I took the idea and ran with it and included more choices for doors. Right now there is a 2 panel door, 1 panel, 6 panel, 5 panel, flat panel, wide glazed, narrow glazed. They stretch from 2' 0" - 3' 6" widths in standard door increments, and stretch to 6' 8", 7' 0", 8' 0" in height. It has a flipping door swing line.

The six panel door doesn't stretch correctly in width. The center stile needs tweaking. I kinda of gave up on that for a time.

Chris.N
2006-03-01, 04:22 PM
Well, I'd like to see this post keep going. So I thought I'd get the ball rolling again.

Enclosed is a dynamic door block in elevation. Someone started this earlier, I took the idea and ran with it and included more choices for doors. Right now there is a 2 panel door, 1 panel, 6 panel, 5 panel, flat panel, wide glazed, narrow glazed. They stretch from 2' 0" - 3' 6" widths in standard door increments, and stretch to 6' 8", 7' 0", 8' 0" in height. It has a flipping door swing line.

The six panel door doesn't stretch correctly in width. The center stile needs tweaking. I kinda of gave up on that for a time.hey, that looks familiar!! ;)
good additions!
all you need to do in the 6 panel is add a stretch to the bottom parameter, and then change the middle style stretch action's 'distance multiplier' in the Properties box to (.5)
i'm gonna let you do that, and if you have questions, look at one of my plan windows at the beginning of this thread for reference (and the stair block, too). hopefully they are self-explanatory....

kastmiler
2006-03-01, 06:19 PM
Chris,

I forgot who the original post of the door elevations was from, but it was you.

I think if I look at your multiple light window post, it has the same properties as the center stile of the 6 panel door.

I'll fix that myself no problem, just ran out of time.

Again, thanks.