PDA

View Full Version : Architectural - Dynamic Upper Cabinets

Rico
2006-03-03, 02:10 PM
I've got this block ... A Dynamic Upper Cabinet. I worked real hard on this one and this is 1/2 of the "mystery block" I have been working on for a while.

I'm having a hard time getting the base cabinet to work because there are SO many configurations ..... but maybe I can get it to work I don't know. If I give up, I'll post what I have and have you chaps take a crack at it.

As usual, let me know what you think about this little guy.

Chris.N
2006-03-03, 02:32 PM
I've got this block ... A Dynamic Upper Cabinet. I worked real hard on this one and this is 1/2 of the "mystery block" I have been working on for a while.

I'm having a hard time getting the base cabinet to work because there are SO many configurations ..... but maybe I can get it to work I don't know. If I give up, I'll post what I have and have you chaps take a crack at it.

As usual, let me know what you think about this little guy.wow, looks like you're beating me to the punch again!! i was going to consolidate the types & styles of cabinets found in the Design Center when i got a chance..... i like it!! http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rico
2006-03-03, 03:29 PM
wow, looks like you're beating me to the punch again!! i was going to consolidate the types & styles of cabinets found in the Design Center when i got a chance..... i like it!! http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon14.gif maybe you can get the base cabinets to work properly in a similar manner. I'm having a hard time with a 1 door 1 drawer base cabinet. I can stretch the overall height of the cabinet just fine, but because the height of the drawer tends to change (min 4" - max 9" on average) I've found it difficult to combine both of these into one action. Still thinking about how I'm gonna maake it all work ....

Glad you like it, this idea came from a previous post in this thread. I liked the idea of having all cabinets in a DB, but thought that simply pasting all cabinets in a block and adding a vis state was a bit too crowded and figured that I might be able to reduce the amount of objects that were drawn. The only thing that I could come up with was doing a single door and basically arraying it for the second door (in a 2 door cabinet). Not sure it's the best way to do it, and I may re-visit it later, but for now it's workable.

Take it and see what you can do with it. If you can better it, I'll welcome the modifications.

Chris.N
2006-03-03, 03:49 PM
Rico, i think it's on the proper track to keep the uppers and lowers seperate, i sometimes have different widths between uppers, lowers in corner configs.
i was also going to have a section cut if each w/ the different vis states/ configs.
btw, is Canadian stds sim to ours in keeping in the 3" incremental widths? (oh, that reminds me..... mm -> inches... grrr!) ;)

Rico
2006-03-03, 05:45 PM
Rico, i think it's on the proper track to keep the uppers and lowers seperate, i sometimes have different widths between uppers, lowers in corner configs.
i was also going to have a section cut if each w/ the different vis states/ configs.
btw, is Canadian stds sim to ours in keeping in the 3" incremental widths? (oh, that reminds me..... mm -> inches... grrr!) ;) haha.

this is a prototype, Chirs-y-poo. there's still lots of work to do. sorry about the metric / imperial thing, but you work with what you got. scale it up or down for now. I'll provide one for metric andone for imperial later.

yeah, keeping the uppers and lowers separate was the plan, however, the lowers are difficult to do because of the # of variations on them.

3" increments are the norm here. 12" 15" 18" etc. however we also do 2" increments. 12" 14" 16".

shawnsblues2
2008-09-03, 10:31 PM
Hey this block is cool!!! Is there any way to change the dimension to imperial (inches). if so how do ya doit or could you please doit? I have been trying to figure out dynamic blocks and i am haveing a rough go of it. I am kinda new to autocad and still learning. Thanks Shawn

Rico
2008-12-09, 11:10 PM
Hey this block is cool!!! Is there any way to change the dimension to imperial (inches). if so how do ya doit or could you please doit? I have been trying to figure out dynamic blocks and i am haveing a rough go of it. I am kinda new to autocad and still learning. Thanks Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the compliment.

I DO have an imperial Cabinet block SOMEWHERE on here, i think .... try searching for it in the forums. You can search by user or thread name. If you don't find it, then let me know and I will post it again ...

aw forget it, it's just easier if I post it ... hehehe ... try here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=918323#post918323).