PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Tricks of the Month

Scott D Davis
2004-07-06, 05:11 PM
If you've reached the Tips & Tricks forum through the master list of all AUGI forums, then you may have missed the Tips & Tricks of the Month. This, along with other news and information regarding Revit T&T's can be found HERE (http://www.augi.com/revit/default.asp?page=374)at the Tips & Tricks portal page! I will be adding new content, and a new Tip monthly, and then archiving the list of old T&T's on the forums.

New info has been posted for July 2004. Be sure to check it out! (and you can find out a little more about me there, too!)

Scott D Davis
2004-08-04, 01:09 AM
New content for August 2004 (http://www.augi.com/revit.tips&tricks/default.asp) has been posted!

Scott D Davis
2004-10-07, 11:09 PM
September's Tip can be found Here! (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=5434)

Scott D Davis
2004-10-07, 11:12 PM
Cool importing DWG Tip for October 2004 has been posted Here! (http://www.augi.com/revit/default.asp?page=374)

Scott D Davis
2004-12-23, 05:49 PM
New Tip on How To create 3D details has been posted on the Tips and Tricks Portal Page (http://www.augi.com/revit/default.asp?page=374)!

Scott D Davis
2005-01-03, 11:03 PM
Be sure to check out the Revit Tips and Tricks Portal Page, where we have begun the 2005 Revit Tips and Tricks of the Month! At the end of the year, I will be awarding a Tip of the Year! Keep those Tips and Tricks coming, and you may be distiguished with providing the best Tip for 2005!

Scott D Davis
2005-02-02, 11:12 PM
Steve Shell, our own Rock-n-Roll Architect, gets the honor of submitting the Tip of the Month!

Check it out here, on the Tips and Tricks Portal Page for February 2005! (http://www.augi.com/revit/default.asp?page=374)

Scott D Davis
2005-04-06, 05:28 AM
April is here, and I'm not foolin'! There's a great new Tip on the Tips and Tricks Portal Page! (http://www.augi.com/revit/default.asp?page=374)

abisarwan.mazran
2005-06-21, 04:39 AM
Why I could not open the Tips & Tricks website?

Steve_Stafford
2005-06-21, 04:47 AM
Why I could not open the Tips & Tricks website?I'm not sure I understand your question...but I think you are asking why you don't see many posts? Check the lower left area of the AUGI page when you are browsing a forum and change how far back AUGI will display posts.

beegee
2005-06-21, 05:27 AM
Did you inadvertently select Revit Sructure Tips and Tricks ?

There aren't any there yet - too new. :wink:

Why I could not open the Tips & Tricks website?

Scott D Davis
2005-09-02, 03:38 PM
There's a new tip on the Tips and Tricks portal page from Aaron Rumple...be sure to check it out by clicking HERE! (http://www.augi.com/revit/default.asp?page=374)

carquiza
2006-04-10, 08:55 AM
If you've reached the Tips & Tricks forum through the master list of all AUGI forums, then you may have missed the Tips & Tricks of the Month. This, along with other news and information regarding Revit T&T's can be found HERE (http://www.augi.com/revit.tips&tricks/default.asp)at the Tips & Tricks portal page! I will be adding new content, and a new Tip monthly, and then archiving the list of old T&T's on the forums.

New info has been posted for July 2004. Be sure to check it out! (and you can find out a little more about me there, too!)
Why when I click the link HERE it doesn't work? I just went to
The page cannot be found

Scott D Davis
2006-04-10, 04:05 PM
Why when I click the link HERE it doesn't work? I just went to
The page cannot be found
Fixed the link....that was OLD!! Thanks for letting me know!

wmullett
2007-09-20, 09:50 PM
Hey Scott - When are you going to update this?

Steve_Stafford
2007-09-21, 04:48 AM
fyi, Scott isn't doing this anymore and we are working on his replacement.

clog boy
2007-09-21, 01:47 PM
Hey Steve, weren't you talking about someone need to create an AUGI FAQ? I have some recommendations, let's say a list with links organized in a XML tree. (you could XML the entire forum without anyone notice the difference)
I'm not saying I'm a XML genius, but if someone were to provide a list of usefull topics, including information about what it applies to, I could create a XML file with links to these topics. It completes the search function. I could also browse for 5-star topics, and index them (manually).

Anyone wants to support my effort - send me a PM.

wmullett
2007-09-21, 02:50 PM
If Scott hasn't been doing this for more than a year then why is he still listed?

The problem is that I don't see any tips since his last post on 9/2/ 05.

That sure isn't current!

Steve_Stafford
2007-09-21, 06:25 PM
If Scott hasn't been doing this for more than a year then why is he still listed...Because we are volunteer based organization and there are lots of things demanding attention (not the least of which our day jobs) and the final excuse is because we haven't. :wink: Btw Scott has only recently joined Autodesk but he had been a bit slack about posting while he was still volunteering to do it. James V is working on his replacement and we should know something soon.

Merlin
2007-10-03, 06:44 AM
Because we are volunteer based organization and there are lots of things demanding attention (not the least of which our day jobs) and the final excuse is because we haven't. :wink: Btw Scott has only recently joined Autodesk but he had been a bit slack about posting while he was still volunteering to do it. James V is working on his replacement and we should know something soon.

Tactfully put, Steve. People should remember this is a community of users who do it for the love of it. People demanding responses (or posts that intimate a similar attitude) would do well to remember the "extremely high joining fee" they paid (ie $0.00)
I for one learned heaps off the members of this site and am very grateful for all that has been done.
To all the moderators and regular Gurus who take the time to help, Thanks Gang! I don't think we say it enough.
John Mc

clog boy
2007-10-03, 08:17 AM
Tactfully put, Steve. People should remember this is a community of users who do it for the love of it. People demanding responses (or posts that intimate a similar attitude) would do well to remember the "extremely high joining fee" they paid (ie $0.00)
I for one learned heaps off the members of this site and am very grateful for all that has been done.
To all the moderators and regular Gurus who take the time to help, Thanks Gang! I don't think we say it enough.
John Mc
Actually, $0,00 (or €0,-) is a pretty high entrance fee. Free rarely doesn't involve obligations, like being nice to each other, help where you can etc. We contribute with our efforts rather than financially, I'm not known to practice as I preach though.
I learned a lot here about Revit and the people who use it, helping me to reach a certain 'status quo' within the office.

My offer to XML the most usefull topics still stand.

Merlin
2007-10-03, 10:26 AM
Actually, $0,00 (or €0,-) is a pretty high entrance fee. Free rarely doesn't involve obligations, like being nice to each other, help where you can etc. We contribute with our efforts rather than financially, I'm not known to practice as I preach though.
I learned a lot here about Revit and the people who use it, helping me to reach a certain 'status quo' within the office.

My offer to XML the most usefull topics still stand.

Well said, mate. And a generous offer from you too.

Simon.Whitbread
2007-11-12, 04:21 PM
Because we are volunteer based organization and there are lots of things demanding attention (not the least of which our day jobs) and the final excuse is because we haven't. :wink: Btw Scott has only recently joined Autodesk but he had been a bit slack about posting while he was still volunteering to do it. James V is working on his replacement and we should know something soon.

Steve - are you...

A:still looking?
B: Open to voluteers from down under?
C: Open to Pushy people?

My hand is up

ACE001
2007-12-10, 05:23 PM
December Tip:

When plans aren't showing what you want i.e. not cutting through the building elements you want to see cut, try using the oft' overlooked "Plan Region" tool.

Located on the View tab on the Design Bar, the Plan Region tool allows you to specify an area by sketch, which you can set a different View Range to that of the rest of the plan.

For example, you may want to show a clerestory window, cut in your floor plan, even though it's above the cut plane.

Click the Plan Region button,

sketch a line around the area you want to show(in this case, the area that the clerestory window is located) and make sure you make the line a closed region.

Click the Region Properties button, then view range button, and set the cut plane to the center of the window and check that the top and bottom limits of the view range show what you need to see and click OK, OK, Finish Sketch.

Finis.

fyi: I have heard from one individual that the plan region tool has spontaneously changed its view range.

justin.150816
2007-12-12, 06:06 AM
Plan Region

http://www.revitup.co.za/_mgxroot/page_10858.html

I have also had it change it's View range though...but hey it can't all be perfect lol and this is a very useful tool

ricardocardial
2008-02-26, 06:02 PM
Hi,

Could you place a link for my BLOG ?
I am an Application Engineer working in Autodesk Reseller since 1996 and started to work with ADT ( 1999 ) and REVIT ( 2003 ) as Autodesk authorized to sell them at Brazil.

LINK: http://autocad-revit-arquitetura.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

Ricardo Cardial

jflynn
2008-09-02, 06:54 PM
Just like when you learn Revit you need to remove all knowledge of previous cad programs, when you come to these forums, you need to dismiss any common sense and logic associated with other forums you may have previously browsed.

Just what I needed. More searching for things that should be in common sense locations while spending more time looking for the things that are supposed to be saving me time.

So, where are the tips and tricks?

The links send me to the home page and the home page sends me to this thread, which contains no tips and tricks, just a link to the home page, which sends me here, where there are no tips and tricks, just a few links to the home page, where there are no tips and tricks, just a link here, which has a link to the home page.

Annoying huh?

tedg
2008-09-02, 07:41 PM
Just what I needed. More searching for things that should be in common sense locations while spending more time looking for the things that are supposed to be saving me time.

So, where are the tips and tricks?

The links send me to the home page and the home page sends me to this thread, which contains no tips and tricks, just a link to the home page, which sends me here, where there are no tips and tricks, just a few links to the home page, where there are no tips and tricks, just a link here, which has a link to the home page.

Annoying huh?

Although I understand your frustration seeking information..this type of comment is similar to:

If Scott hasn't been doing this for more than a year then why is he still listed?

The problem is that I don't see any tips since his last post on 9/2/ 05.

That sure isn't current!

Earlier in this thread....from which we were reminded of:

Because we are volunteer based organization and there are lots of things demanding attention (not the least of which our day jobs) and the final excuse is because we haven't. Btw Scott has only recently joined Autodesk but he had been a bit slack about posting while he was still volunteering to do it. James V is working on his replacement and we should know something soon.

John Mc

Maybe note to the moderator would have been better?

jflynn
2008-09-02, 08:51 PM
Although I understand your frustration seeking information..this type of comment is similar to:

Earlier in this thread....from which we were reminded of:

Maybe note to the moderator would have been better?
That was my note to the moderator.

dfriesen
2008-09-02, 09:27 PM
That was my note to the moderator.
Welcome to the forums! May I introduce you to knurrebusk? I'm sure you two would be very happy together. ;)

You'd have a much better start here, and perhaps even get a pointer in the right direction, if you would just ask a question, instead of soundly criticizing something you're not familiar with.

If you're looking for tips, go to http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7, scroll to the bottom, and under Display Options, set From The Beginning.